Plugin Contributions

Default order confirmation emails not sending after Google Checkout installed

I have the most recent version of ZenCart and the Google Checkout module set up on my site having a problem with the zencart confirmation emails.

1. Google Checkout is my only payment option.
    2. I am able to process transactions in sandbox.
    3. Transactions are appearing in both Google Checkout and the Zen Cart Admin. Inventory is subtracting correctly.
    4. A new customer account is being created based on the information entered into Google checkout.
    5. Google Checkout is sending confirmation emails to both the customer and the admin.

However, zen cart is:
    1. Not sending an email to the customer email address
    2. Not sending a confirmation email to the admin.
    3. Not send an email confirming the account creation.

I tried another test:

I enabled Check/Money order checkout and processed and order through it. Zen-Cart successfully sent email to the customer and to the Admin

So I think the email configuration is set up properly.

I have browsed thru entire forum for an answer...but no luck.

Appreciate if experts can guide me through a resolution.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: zencart confirmation emails not sending after Google Checkout installed

Quote Originally Posted by SabkaSai View Post
    I have the most recent version of ZenCart and the Google Checkout module set up on my site having a problem with the zencart confirmation emails.

1. Google Checkout is my only payment option.
    2. I am able to process transactions in sandbox.
    3. Transactions are appearing in both Google Checkout and the Zen Cart Admin. Inventory is subtracting correctly.
    4. A new customer account is being created based on the information entered into Google checkout.
    5. Google Checkout is sending confirmation emails to both the customer and the admin.

However, zen cart is:

I tried another test:

I enabled Check/Money order checkout and processed and order through it. Zen-Cart successfully sent email to the customer and to the Admin

So I think the email configuration is set up properly.

I have browsed thru entire forum for an answer...but no luck.

Appreciate if experts can guide me through a resolution.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...816#post619949

Quote Originally Posted by darthduckie View Post
    We have the most recent version of ZenCart and the Google Checkout module set up on our site but we're having a problem with the zencart confirmation emails.

1. Google Checkout is our only payment option. We've removed the Zencart check out options both in the shopping cart and the menu along the top using these instructions: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94664
    2. We are able to process transactions both in sandbox and production modes. As a guest I can add an item to the cart, go to the shopping cart, checkout using Google checkout, create an account with Google checkout, run the transactions, return to Zen Cart and print a confirmation page with the order number correctly populated.

However, zen cart is:
    1. Not sending an email to the customer.

I can email a yahoo address from the admin console and it shows up in the email archives, so I think the email configuration is set up properly.

If I try to log in with the new account that was created based on the Google transaction, zen cart will send me the password and I can log in using it.

Transactions are going through so I think Google is communicating properly with ZenCart.

I checked and the "ZenCart should send emails: is set to true in the Google Checkout mod.

Any ideas about what my next step should be to troubleshoot this?

I've read this: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Troubleshoot_-_Email_Problems
    but I can get email to work I just can't get it to respond to a new order.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Cathy

Name change?

I'm having the exact same problem.

Zencart 1.3.8.a + GC module 1.4.7
    Dreamhost (Google managed email)

I also noticed that order updates done FROM zencart are not seen by google checkout, can u see if you're having this issues as well?

Since Google has stopped funding development of the module i hope the ZC team is considering integrating GC into zencart like they've done with PP.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: zencart confirmation emails not sending after Google Checkout installed

Quote Originally Posted by SabkaSai View Post
    ...However, zen cart is:
    This may be by design. I don't see the need to send redundant emails from the store if Google Checkout has already sent emails confirming the purchase.

However, when you make changes to the status of the order (at your store) then your store sends new emails to the customer and admin to let them know it occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Veazer View Post
    ...I also noticed that order updates done FROM zencart are not seen by google checkout, can u see if you're having this issues as well?...
    Correct, not seen at the merchant's Google Checkout (seller) account but they ARE seen at the customer's Google Checkout (buyer) account.

I confirmed this using sandbox testing.

Plugin Contributions

Correction to my reply above:

In the Google Checkout options column...

(Admin > Modules > Payment > GoogleCheckout > Edit.)

...you can check mark an item that says "Also send notifications with Zencart" (True or False)

I am assuming this is what you wanted.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gobrinton View Post
    Correction to my reply above:

In the Google Checkout options column...

(Admin > Modules > Payment > GoogleCheckout > Edit.)

...you can check mark an item that says "Also send notifications with Zencart" (True or False)

I am assuming this is what you wanted.
    I checked the box during the module installation, so it's not a settings issue. Still not sure what is causing this problem.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, just wondering if a solution was ever found to this? I'm having the exact same problem, and I also have the "Also send notifications with Zencart" box ticked.
    20th Century Glass - Antique & Collectable Glass Store