Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping to 1 country ONLY

Hi all, i tried searching for this topic but its either im typing the wrong keywords or there's no such help.

I'm currently in singapore, and i want to ship locally to singapore ONLY. how can i make sure that overseas visitors don't get to checkout items?

i tried fumbling around with the zone definitions, but i don't see how putting singapore in the zone definition is going to stop foreign checkouts....

please help me...

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping to 1 country ONLY

If you configure shipping to be enabled ONLY for Singapore, then people who put their address into your zenshop from any other country will not be able to checkout - unless the shipping destination they select is Singapore.

Whether you delete all other countries or keep them will depend on this question:

Are you accepting ORDERS from people in other countries, who wish to have the goods shipped to an address in Singapore? (For example, you may want people in Malaysia to be able to place orders - as long as they then have the goods shipped to an address in Singapore.)

If you take orders, and ship to addresses ONLY in Singapore, then you can safely delete all other countries from your countries tables.

Plugin Contributions

hello!

I'm very very new to zencart. I'm having a problem too where there are tons of countries where you can ship to, when my store is based in Singapore and currently, we only ship to Singapore.

So how do you restrict shipping to singapore only? I can't figure it out...

Not to mention, how do you set taxes to "STORE" for Singapore only? I can't seem to get our local tax rate calculated when I select STORE but it can work when I put it to SHIPPING.

Please help! Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

"Are you accepting ORDERS from people in other countries, who wish to have the goods shipped to an address in Singapore? (For example, you may want people in Malaysia to be able to place orders - as long as they then have the goods shipped to an address in Singapore.)
    "

I'd actually be interested to know how this is implemented. I would like to be able to receive orders from anywhere in the globe but only ship to one country.

Is there a not too complicated way to have the form on the "checkout_shipping_address" page not check if the user entered a Country, State or Zip? I don't want to display those fields as they are not necessary but currently, the form requires that they be filled.

I also noticed that if I leave the form completely blank and press the continue button the shipping address defaults to the billing address and I would like to prevent that from happening by forcing the user to enter a shipping address.

Plugin Contributions

I actually managed to solve this problem on my own. There doesn't seem to be much need for the type of store I have but if someone out there has a similar situation I would be happy to help and explain what I did.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rivkasa View Post
    I actually managed to solve this problem on my own. There doesn't seem to be much need for the type of store I have but if someone out there has a similar situation I would be happy to help and explain what I did.
    hello rivkasa

can you tell me what you did? i haven't been able to solve it yet, would be glad to learn from you.

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Hello rivkasa,
    I would also liek to know how would I be able to ship in a single country...looking forward to have your advise

Plugin Contributions

fairestcape said:
    "If you configure shipping to be enabled ONLY for Singapore, then people who put their address into your zenshop from any other country will not be able to checkout - unless the shipping destination they select is Singapore."

any one have any idea how to configure shipping to be enabled for X country only? (without the need to remove countries from the databese)
    thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

I didn't remove any countries since I want users from all over the world. What I did was set the Countries drop down box in the shipping page to the specific country that I wanted and then I made this box invisible.

The way I did this was to edit the jscript_addr_pulldowns.php page
    located in includes\modules\pages\checkout_shipping_address

(You might have to change additional pages but this was the only one I needed to edit)

search for:
    // set initial values
    var SelectedCountry = theForm.zone_country_id.options[theForm.zone_country_id.selectedIndex].value;

Add the following line (right below // set initial values): "theForm.zone_country_id.selectedIndex=189;"

(Singapore's country id is 189)

To hide the drop down box on the shipping page you have to edit the tpl_modules_checkout_new_address.php file located in: includes/templates/template_default/templates

you have to add the "display:none" attribute to the country section:
    like this:

<label class="inputLabel" for="country" style="display:none;"><?php echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_get_country_list('zone_country_id', $selected_country, 'id="country" style="display:none;" ' . ($flag_show_pulldown_states == true ? 'onchange="update_zone(this.form);"' : '')) . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert" style="display:none;">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />

I also changed things around so that the customer always has to add a shipping address
    Last edited by rivkasa; 4 Mar 2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Mistyped country id for Singapore

Plugin Contributions

thanks for time rivkasa
    .im not very expert in modyfing the code so Id prefer not to change anything..but ill keep this solution in mind.
    cheers