Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Downloads not working properly, out of stock, Nope!

I have searched, scoured, read almost 50 pages worth of threads looking for this and still can't find this exact issue. I've come close, tried every trick I've seen but nothing has cleared it up.

I'm putting together a store that will have no REAL stock, it's all virtual. So I will never truly be "out of stock" but I also carry NO stock except for the one item I upload for others to download copies.

It's a digital scrapbooking/paint shop pro site. I will be selling and giving away the items that digital scrappers and paint shop pro users need in their creations. But everything they need will be downloadable.

I managed to get the store tweaked as far as set up, layout, templates, but the attributes/catagories/products has me wracking my brain. The first time I uploaded it, I did so with the demo store installed and could not get any of the categories or products to accept name changes, etc. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled a clean copy on the same database but scrubbed, without the demo. (I mean scrubbed as I went into myphpadmin and dropped all the files of that database)

My download file size is not an issue as we use a VPS and have complete control over the entire thing. We use cpanel with WHM and I have access to the entire thing. In fact, I know I can download very large files from that server because one file I have on there exceeds 113,000 KB and it's successfully downloaded. The files I am trying to have downloaded under the download section of ZenCart range in size from 1 to 17KB.

I'm working on the free scrap kits right now. I have the loaded and showing, What I can not seem to do is get the zip files to activate under the individual kits. They are there but even if logged in (and I have one customer, me, in an alternative ego) I can not get the files to show active: the pointer to turn into a hand when it's over an active link. My attributes controller tell me it's a valid link. There isn't any spaces in the file name (I'm use to working on apache).

Next problem and it may be related...all the files in that section show out of stock even tho I have done everything I can locate to make them free. There will be no shipping involved at the store since everything will be downloaded from the store.

The store is located here: http://www.gblcreations.com/store/

I know I've probably left out info but until I get some feedback I won't know what I am missing in this equation.

Liz

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Downloads not working properly, out of stock, Nope!

You have set products as having 0(zero) stock..even
    though downloadable products, and unlimited supply,
    you must enter stock figure i.e 100..then via admin,
    you can hide how many you actually have...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, Misty, that fixed this issue:
    Next problem and it may be related...all the files in that section show out of stock even tho I have done everything I can locate to make them free. There will be no shipping involved at the store since everything will be downloaded from the store.
    However, I still have issues with my downloads not working.

I have verified that the permissions on the zip files and folders involved are indeed 777. Since I use winscp as my ftp, I'm pretty confident in my ftp.

I know the downloads on my site work. They work on the html side of the house. (I have two sections to my site) The html side has been up and running for a couple of months now and they downloads are working just fine. Same zip files, but since it's for the store, it had to be a new location. And it just baffles me that I can't find the problem.

Liz

Plugin Contributions

Are zip files in correct zen cart folder as per your config file?
    Do you have green lights showing in download manager?
    Are zip files named correctly without hypens and spaces?

Plugin Contributions

Are zip files in correct zen cart folder as per your config file?
    Yes, however I did see a thread on here that said we could have subfolders in the download folder as long as we kept the structure correct. Since ALL my product line will be going in the downloads folder it will be easier for me to manage using subfolders.

Do you have green lights showing in download manager?
    Yes, I do. I'm including a screenshot of one of the files in question. Maybe seeing it will help.

Are zip files named correctly without hypens and spaces?
    No hyphens, no spaces. I KNOW better than to have spaces...my ftp wouldn't load them if I did. I use winscp.

Liz
    Last edited by southernlady; 9 Jul 2009 at 11:53 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Have you activated ZenCart Free Charge in payments
    section?

Plugin Contributions

Have you activated ZenCart Free Charge in payments
    section?
    Misty, sorry, it's been crazy getting ready for the holidays around here.

I searched for what you were referring to and yes, it is now activated.

Then I checked again, they are still not working.

Next idea? Liz

Plugin Contributions

No more ideas, but if you send me pm, can go from there..

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by southernlady View Post
    however I did see a thread on here that said we could have subfolders in the download folder as long as we kept the structure correct.
    Unless you're writing custom code to make that work, that thread is apparently giving bad advice.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Unless you're writing custom code to make that work, that thread is apparently giving bad advice.
    Just to be sure, I changed it and had it in the regular download folder not in the subfolder. Still not working so that is not the problem.

Whether the path in the download folder is:
    /FreeScrapkits/GraphicsByLizBearyFriendsElements.zip or
    /GraphicsByLizBearyFriendsElements.zip
    BOTH show as valid file names and neither one work.

Important Facts about Download Settings

1. Downloads are NOT Virtual Products so use:
    Product is Virtual: No, Shipping Address Required
    2. Downloads are NOT Always Free Shipping so use:
    Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules
    3. Downloads in an order by itself will never see the checkout_shipping page ... if you do then your Product is setup wrong for Downloads
    4. If not on a Windows server, meaning Linux/Unix, /pub should be 777 and Redirect should be ON
    If you cannot use Redirect ON, ask your hosting site why they cannot follow the symbolic link between the /download and /pub directories
    5. If on a Windows server, /pub does NOT need to be writable/777 as you do not use this directory; and Redirect is OFF as you cannot use Redirect
    6. Download filenames should not use special characters, spaces and the like
    7. Download files should be Zipped for best results and browser compatibility
    8. Download files should be loaded to the /download directory
    9. On the Admin->Catalog->Attributes Controller you should see a green dot next to the filename of the Download itself
    Going down this list I found:
    1) Not sure where to fix that
    2) Not sure where to fix that
    3) Not sure where to fix that
    4) /pub is 777
    5) Does not apply, using a linux server
    6) No underscore or spaces in file names
    7) Used Winrar in ZIP mode to zip the files
    8) Files are in the download directory
    9) I see the green dot whether I had them in the download folder or in a subfolder inside the download folder.

The first three may be where my problem is. Liz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast