Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Email changed for customer, now can't login

I have a customer whose sign up email address had my server blocked, so I changed her email address in Admin for her (she couldn't login then) today on trying to login she gets the error message that there is no email address matching the login using the new email address....I have asked her to try the original email address and am awaiting a reply.....but what do I do if she still cannot login? I am stumped LOL
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email changed for customer, now can't login

I just tested that in my test site and it worked OK.

Maybe you and she aren't on the same page as far as the new address?

Plugin Contributions

I don't understand what you mean? I have already confirmed she was using the changed address to try to login with her before posting this, and have yet to receive a reply after suggesting she try the old one again.
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

My thinking was there may have been a miscommunication as far as the new email addess - she meant marybethG@host.com, and you received it (or entered it) as marybeth6@host.com.

Plugin Contributions

Ahh ok, gotcha now LOL

We've been communicating using the new address and I specifically asked her before posting if that was the address she was trying to login with and she said yup lol, so I dunno *shrugs*
    HunnyBee Design

Plugin Contributions

Another thing I'd do in that situation is install the Master Password mod (if it isn't already) and see if you can login using that address - that should tell you if the address is correct.

You might also double-check to make sure you modified the right customer.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! I installed the Encrypted Master Password, and successfully logged into her account, so I've emailed her again and asked her to make sure she's not making typos LOL and maybe to clean out cookies n cache and see if it helps cos it doesn't look like a problem with my store itself now :)
    HunnyBee Design

Plugin Contributions

*sighs* Now she is getting the error message 'There was a security error when trying to login' and I really don't know what to do, all other customers logging in this morning have been able to do so just fine, I can log in under both my own account and hers, so I don't know what else to tell her lol

Ohhh just tried to login in IE7 and I get directed to index page not logged in......Firefox logs in fine
    Last edited by LissaE; 14 Dec 2008 at 11:25 PM.
    HunnyBee Design

Plugin Contributions

Ok, after much forum searching and readin LOL I changed the setting in admin for Force Cookie Use to True and can now login successfully in IE7....and am crossing fingers my customer can login as she says she is using Firefox, which I have successfully been logging in on all morning LOL

I wish I knew what had changed to make this happen, cos I don't think it came from me, maybe my hosting changed something
    HunnyBee Design

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by christon26 View Post
    I changed the setting in admin for Force Cookie Use to True
    NOTE: it is not advised to have that setting set to True in most circumstances.
    It should be a last resort, as it could cause problems for other customers.

It's more likely that the customer's browser is damaged in some way, or just needs cache and cookies cleared.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast