Plugin Contributions

Default Can I rename the end cart index.php?

I need to rename the index.php on an existing Zend Cart store. Is it possible or will there be problems?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I rename the end cart index.php?

Quote Originally Posted by iface View Post
    I need to rename the index.php on an existing Zend Cart store. Is it possible or will there be problems?
    Will be a problem. Why do you want to do that?
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I rename the zen cart index.php?

Thanks for the help.

Currently the Zen Cart app is installed on the root web directory. It serves the entire web site.

Our problem is we now need to add two larger web apps that both have very specific file/path/url structures. Somehow we need to move Zen Cart out of the way, (without destroying it) as it will only be serving a small sub set of the web site.

Our fist thought was just to rename index.php to store.php. If we can't rename the index file can we move the entire Zen Cart application into a new sub directory? (knowing that the URLs/path with change)

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, you can move it to a sub directory very quickly and easily (if you use your host account c-panel's MOVE function).

(I usually use COPY to a sub-directory, rather than MOVE, just to be sure... when I know that the copied version is 100% OK, I DELETE the original install in the root folder.)

After moving it, you will need only to change PATH references in your two configure.php files that have themselves also been copied/moved.

BACKUP FIRST ! ! !

Plugin Contributions

Hello fairestcape

Thanks for the help. Moving or copying all the Zen Cart files into a new store directory turns out to be a better solution. It allows us to gather all the files together in a cleaner more organized directory structure.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.