Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Does anyone know how to make product packages/bundles?

[FONT="Tahoma"]Hello everyone,

I am wanting to make up product packages for customers. For example, DVDs that are of same genre for a set amount. Is this possible, and if so does anyone know how to do it?

Many thanks for looking at my question

Kerry[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Does anyone know how to make product packages/bundles on zencart?

It's discussed regularly in this forum, but the main point that emerges is that different people have different ideas as to what it means in practise. For example, are you wanting to have the products as separate items for stock, but bundled for customers? Do you also want to sell the individual items alone? Is this primarily a promotional offer such as a buy-one-get-half-off-another, or a best-together type scheme? Without knowing more precisely your objectives and how far you would expect to take it, it's not possible to suggest the best solution for your circumstances.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi sorry for the delay in reply.

I have to types of products, one is a display & another is items that go on to that display. I would like to offer both items as seperate sales but I would also like to offer my customers the chance to purchase them together as 1 item at a cheaper cost then it would be to purchase them both seperatley?.

For example - If a customer comes to our site & already has product A but wants product B to go with A I want product B available on its own to buy, which I have done already on my site. But if a customer comes onto our site and wants to purchase item A & B together, I want to combined the prices & take off 10%

I hope this makes sense, if it doesn't I'll try again haha.

Thanks for your help

Kerry

Plugin Contributions

With a good understanding of Zen Cart and PHP, you could program this, but as often happens, someone has done it already. Have a look at the Better Together (for 2 items) or the Combination Discounts (for >2) mods at www.thatsoftwareguy.com.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for that, will have a look now!

Thank you for your help

Kerry