Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add Customers from admin addon

Hi, I have this module installed [the last version that was posted], and it works perfectly when I manually add a customer. I am running 1.3.8a.

However, when I try to bulk upload, nothing at all happens - Nothing. I browse to my file, select it, and hit upload. The screen just refreshes and shows me a screen with just the .csv bulk import box and the link to see the Single Customer Form. I get this regardless of the Insert Mode that I choose, and get it even if I don't select a file at all and just hit upload...I just don't know why I don't get any errors at all - yet the manual customer creation works just fine.

Any ideas? I have a list of about 700 customers I need to import and would greatly appreciate any help! I am not sure what directoy it is trying to load the csv file to so I can check permissions on it...I use Easy Populate with no problem in my store, but had to configure a separate folder first.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Plugin Contributions

Make sure the CSV is formatted correctly. Also see before poster had to use different program for the CSV to get it to work on her site.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

I've followed the instructions included in the installation package and created the file several times...I am using excel and did a 'save as' and selected .csv. I even included all of the fields even though it says only 4 of them are required.

What I find strange is that no matter what file I select to upload, I don't get any errors, it just doesnt do anything at all, just refreshes and takes me back to where I was before. I can select a Word Document, which I know would not work and it just does the same thing.

Can I send you my .csv file [It just has 3 names on it] just so you can look at it and confirm I did it right?

Thanks for your quick response!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for all the posts but I'm in a time crunch and want to get this figured out.

I'm pretty sure at this point it's a server issue since I get no errors and I'm confident my .csv file is correct. I have access to somebody who is a little more versed in PHP and our server than I am to troubleshoot, but need to give a little guidance to them about where to look. Is most of the code that deals with the bulk upload in the add_customers_backend.php file? Is there any other specific item or incompatibility I should be aware of? I saw what you had mentioned about php4.x and running as a cgi.

My Zen Cart installation is on a Linux server running Plesk 8.3, Apache, and PHP 5.1.

Thanks again for your assistance!

Plugin Contributions

This is likely to be the file add_customers_backend.php

and it is VERY likely to be a Plesk related issue. Plesk has many issues with FTP and uploading within Zen Cart.

This is confirmed by the fact that I was able to upload your csv to my store.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

I've got a problem with this mod that I haven't seen anyone else report. When I attempt to upload a CSV file, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: strripos() in /home/tmvetsup/public_html/catalog_new/admin/add_customers_backend.php on line 15

That line on that file is as follows:

$pos = strripos($files['name'],'.')+1;

The CSV file was created in Excel, and all the necessary info is included. This error comes up regardless of which Insert Mode I use.

Oh, yes, and you can add me to the list of people who are having the previously reported problems when manually adding customers with the form. I got rid of the error message at the top by commenting out the offending code, but that bit about Address 1 being moved to the Company field is a real pain, resulting in a lot of wasted time going in to correct each record.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MaureenT View Post
    I've got a problem with this mod that I haven't seen anyone else report. When I attempt to upload a CSV file, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: strripos() in /home/tmvetsup/public_html/catalog_new/admin/add_customers_backend.php on line 15

That line on that file is as follows:

$pos = strripos($files['name'],'.')+1;

The CSV file was created in Excel, and all the necessary info is included. This error comes up regardless of which Insert Mode I use.

Oh, yes, and you can add me to the list of people who are having the previously reported problems when manually adding customers with the form. I got rid of the error message at the top by commenting out the offending code, but that bit about Address 1 being moved to the Company field is a real pain, resulting in a lot of wasted time going in to correct each record.
    Hi,

I have not seen this error, suggest you reinstall following the directions carefully.... We all miss things

As far as the manual adding customers address thing... We didn't build that part, we only added the bulk ability which does not screw the address up. I haven't the time to fix it right now, but invite anyone who has solved it to post and we can repackage the mod again.

~Melanie

Plugin Contributions

As far as the manual adding customers address thing... We didn't build that part, we only added the bulk ability which does not screw the address up. I haven't the time to fix it right now, but invite anyone who has solved it to post and we can repackage the mod again.
    In add_customers.php find... line 271

Code:
    <td class="main">' . ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS . '</td>
                        <td class="main">
                            <input size="30" name="entry_company" value="' . $cInfo->entry_company . '" />
                        </td>
    replace entry_company with entry_street_address

Code:
                        <td class="main">' . ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS . '</td>
                        <td class="main">
                            <input size="30" name="entry_street_address" value="' . $cInfo->entry_street_address . '" />
                        </td>
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Cheers davewest the fix works and I have updated the mod.

http://pro-webs.net/store/index.php?...products_id=96

I will resubmit it here in the add ons as well. Thanks

~Melanie

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Hi,

I have not seen this error, suggest you reinstall following the directions carefully.... We all miss things

~Melanie
    What instructions? The instructions consist of a single line: "Upload all files to your store directory, the new menu item will be in the Customers menu." Short of missing one of the files, those instructions would be pretty hard to mess up. I have checked, and every single file in the download is present and accounted for in the correct folders of my site. Is there supposed to be something else to the instructions than the line above? I downloaded version 1.03 of the mod, which is the latest version available in the download area. I corrected the problem with the missing ?> in add_customer.php and removed the /admin/ from lines 156, 172 and 423, as instructed in this thread.

Since my last email, here is a list of what I have done to try to resolve this.

I have installed the mod on a total of four different stores, two of which are on different servers and use different versions of MySQL, one of those being on a completely different host. On all but the one that's on a different host, I get the same error message. On the one that's on a different host, I get nothing but a blank page. One store that I installed it on has no other modifications or add-ons, so it's not an issue with this mod butting heads with another one.

Thinking that there might be something wrong with the files Excel was creating, I tried another program. Same error message. I even tried using a file created in notepad.

I've triple checked all the headings to make sure they match what add_customers_formatting_csv.html says they should be. I've tried both with quotes around the values and without. I've tried eliminating all the values except the four that are required. I have tried everything I can possibly think of, and nothing works. I keep getting the same error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: strripos() in /home/tmvetsup/public_html/catalog_new/admin/add_customers_backend.php on line 15

I tested to see what would happen if I commented out that line. I don't get the error message. Instead, it just goes back to the form for adding customers and does not add anything.

At this point, I have run out of ideas and given up. I don't understand how I can be having the same problem on four different stores, on three different servers with three different versions of MySQL, yet not another soul here has this problem.

Perhaps someone here can give me a test CSV file that they have successfully tested on their own store, but, to be honest, I don't think it will do any good.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast