Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Here's a quick tutorial on how to add fields to easypopulate v1.2.5.4 or 1.2.5.5

<b>Warning</b>: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in <b>C:\xampp\htdocs\demo\adminfolder\easypopulate.php</b> on line <b>811</b><br />

I just started using EP 1.2.5.6 on Zen Cart 1.3.8a.
    On my test site, I downloaded Model/Attributes file to edit without problems, but complete .csv file failed with above error (from the error log).
    In the above I replaced the admin folder with "adminfolder".
    I also got this:
    MySQL error 1054: Unknown column 'p.EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_CUSTOM_FIELDS' in 'field list'
    When executing:
    SELECT
    p.products_id as v_products_id,
    p.products_model as v_products_model,
    p.products_image as v_products_image,
    p.products_price as v_products_price,
    p.products_weight as v_products_weight,
    p.products_date_available as v_date_avail,
    p.products_date_added as v_date_added,
    p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id,
    p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity,
    p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id,
    subc.categories_id as v_categories_id,
    p.products_status as v_status,
    p.metatags_title_status as v_metatags_title_status,
    p.metatags_products_name_status as v_metatags_products_name_status,
    p.metatags_model_status as v_metatags_model_status,
    p.metatags_price_status as v_metatags_price_status,
    p.metatags_title_tagline_status as v_metatags_title_tagline_status, p.EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_CUSTOM_FIELDS as v_EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_CUSTOM_FIELDS FROM
    products as p,
    categories as subc,
    products_to_categories as ptoc
    WHERE
    p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND
    ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

Please help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Here's a quick tutorial on how to add fields to easypopulate v1.2.5.4 or 1.2.5.5

Quote Originally Posted by ckosloff View Post
    <b>Warning</b>: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in <b>C:\xampp\htdocs\demo\adminfolder\easypopulate.php</b> on line <b>811</b><br />

I just started using EP 1.2.5.6 on Zen Cart 1.3.8a.
    On my test site, I downloaded Model/Attributes file to edit without problems, but complete .csv file failed with above error (from the error log).
    In the above I replaced the admin folder with "adminfolder".
    I also got this:
    MySQL error 1054: Unknown column 'p.EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_CUSTOM_FIELDS' in 'field list'
    When executing:
    SELECT
    p.products_id as v_products_id,
    p.products_model as v_products_model,
    p.products_image as v_products_image,
    p.products_price as v_products_price,
    p.products_weight as v_products_weight,
    p.products_date_available as v_date_avail,
    p.products_date_added as v_date_added,
    p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id,
    p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity,
    p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id,
    subc.categories_id as v_categories_id,
    p.products_status as v_status,
    p.metatags_title_status as v_metatags_title_status,
    p.metatags_products_name_status as v_metatags_products_name_status,
    p.metatags_model_status as v_metatags_model_status,
    p.metatags_price_status as v_metatags_price_status,
    p.metatags_title_tagline_status as v_metatags_title_tagline_status, p.EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_CUSTOM_FIELDS as v_EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_CUSTOM_FIELDS FROM
    products as p,
    categories as subc,
    products_to_categories as ptoc
    WHERE
    p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND
    ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

Please help.
    This is a thread specific to 1.2.5.4 or 1.2.5.5 and adding custom fields. I haven't tried 1.2.5.6 but have been reading about bugs in it. Have you tried the 1.2.5.6 support thread? Or if there isn't one I would recomment starting a new thread specific to that version since it appears to be much changed from earlier versions and advice for 1.2.5.4 won't apply to 1.2.5.6.

Sorry that I can't be of any help. But, in reading the error, it looks like there is a missing define because I don't think it would have a p.EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_CUSTOM_FIELDS in the sql statement. So perhaps re-uploading the files will correct the problem?

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    Have you tried the 1.2.5.6 support thread?
    Thanks for quick answer.
    There is no support thread for 1.2.5.6 and I hate it when an author does not comply with ZC guidelines for uploading mods, a support thread should always be mentioned in the instructions.
    I start to think that this version is messed up, because the download area says:
    "Add support for custom fields for the PRODUCT table. This will allow someone to add custom fields from the configuration menu Configuration-_Easy Populate-_Custom Fields."
    But...there is no such option.
    I think that my problem is right there.
    Anyway, I am only working on a test site, will delete everything, recreate the site and re-upload files, if problem persists will simply install 1.2.5.5.

Plugin Contributions

Apparently something was messed up in the download area.
    What I did is simply download fresh new files from the top link (for 1.2.5.6).
    Then completely deleted the test site, downloaded my live site and recreated the test site, it worked.
    The only difference between this and 1.2.5.5 is the ability to create custom fields from the admin, I did get the option on this fresh install.
    It's a shame that this mod does not have a support thread.
    I am willing to start one if some of you gurus will chip in.
    What do you say?

Plugin Contributions

OK, so the mod is working fine.
    Nevertheless it is not satisfactory to me and the reason is not related to it being 1.2.5.5 or 1.2.5.6.
    I mostly need this mod for attribute management: some of my products have lots of color attributes, some of them have 50+.
    Now, here's the catch, I have hundreds of attributes and attribute images because different manufacturers have different colors, sometimes with the same name.
    e.g. Manufacturer X has color "yellow", different from manufacturer Y, who also has color "yellow".
    So I have different options names for both:
    Option Name: X colors | Options Values: Yellow, Red, Whateva.
    Option Name: Y colors | Options Values: Yellow, Red, Whateva.
    These attributes and their related images load fine using stock Zen Cart but the process is really time-consuming, so I was hoping that Easy Populate could help me.
    If I download the Attributes spreadsheet there are no errors but no difference of Option Names, instead of having X colors and Y colors, I just have Color.
    So, is there a way to solve this?
    Also, is there a way to associate an image with an Option Name/Value pair? e.g. I want to load an attribute and the related image at the same time.
    Otherwise, when I load an attribute I have to also load the related image in a separate process, which is time-consuming and error-prone.

Plugin Contributions

I am using easy populate 1.2.5.5 with zen cart 1.3.8a. I carefully followed the instructions for adding new fields to easy populate. I am getting an error message as follows:

From the Error Log in the temp directory
    MySQL error 1136: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
    When executing:
    INSERT INTO products (
    products_image,
    products_model,
    products_price,
    products_status,
    products_last_modified,
    products_date_added,
    products_date_available,
    products_tax_class_id,
    products_weight,
    products_quantity,
    master_categories_id,
    manufacturers_id)
    VALUES (
    'no_picture.gif','123-ABC',
    '300',
    '1',
    CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
    CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
    "0000-00-00 00:00:00",
    '1',
    '2',
    '65',
    '200',
    '68',
    '10')
    In zen cart admin after doing the upload
    At the top of the easypopulate.php page, this message appears:

An SQL error has occured. Please check your input data for tabs within fields and delete these. If this error continues, please forward your error log to the Easy Populate maintainer
    Also on the same page, at the end of the uploaded file data:

ADD NEW PRODUCT FAILED! - Model: 123-ABC - SQL error. Check Easy Populate error log in uploads directory
    SKIPPED! - Model: - No category provided for this product | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
    Upload Complete
    I can see the duplicate entry in the first error message above for the CURRENT_TIMESTAMP. What I cannot see is how to correct this. I am assuming that this is what the error message is referring to.

I followed the directions in this post for adding the new field very carefully, double-checking everything as I went along and then checking the whole thing once more after I finished following the directions.

The field that I added was master_categories_id (it does include the "v_" where as it is suppsed to in the easypopylate.php file).

The easypopulate.php file does not have a duplicate that I can see. The csv file (spreadsheet) does not have duplicate columns. While it doesn't have a column called "current timestamp", it does have "date added", which is the column using the "[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]0000-00-00 00:00:00" for each product listed.[/FONT][/FONT]

Assuming it is the duplicate timestamp that is being referred to in the error message, I don't know how to remove this duplication or where to look to find it.

BTW, the new column that I added DOES appear in EZ Populate when I create the COMPLETE file in the temp directory and download it from there.

Anything you can share that will help me resolve this is appreciated.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post

From the Error Log in the temp directory
    MySQL error 1136: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
    When executing:
    INSERT INTO products (
    products_image,
    products_model,
    products_price,
    products_status,
    products_last_modified,
    products_date_added,
    products_date_available,
    products_tax_class_id,
    products_weight,
    products_quantity,
    master_categories_id,
    manufacturers_id)
    VALUES (
    '300',
    '1',
    CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
    CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
    "0000-00-00 00:00:00",
    '1',
    '2',
    '65',
    '200',
    '68',
    '10')
    I can see the duplicate entry in the first error message above for the CURRENT_TIMESTAMP. What I cannot see is how to correct this. I am assuming that this is what the error message is referring to.

I followed the directions in this post for adding the new field very carefully, double-checking everything as I went along and then checking the whole thing once more after I finished following the directions.

The field that I added was master_categories_id (it does include the "v_" where as it is suppsed to in the easypopylate.php file).

The easypopulate.php file does not have a duplicate that I can see. The csv file (spreadsheet) does not have duplicate columns. While it doesn't have a column called "current timestamp", it does have "date added", which is the column using the "[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]0000-00-00 00:00:00" for each product listed.[/FONT][/FONT]

Assuming it is the duplicate timestamp that is being referred to in the error message, I don't know how to remove this duplication or where to look to find it.

BTW, the new column that I added DOES appear in EZ Populate when I create the COMPLETE file in the temp directory and download it from there.

Anything you can share that will help me resolve this is appreciated.

Thanks!
    I think you forgot to add the additional filed along the way in the code changes or there is a typo which is super easy to do with the code involved.

You can see in the SQL that it is trying to insert an extra value, there are 12 in the columns and 13 values. If you go through the values you can link them up with the columns to see where the extra value is coming from.

It's not the timestamp, the 3 time values are for

products_last_modified,
    products_date_added,
    products_date_available,

which is correct.

Have you compared your file to the one in the first post in this thread? Search in the file for msrp and you will see all of the places where the new code goes because I added msrp to it. I think that the most likely culprit is a typo.

Let me know how it compares and if you still can't find the problem and I will see what I can do to help.
    Last edited by lankeeyankee; 6 Oct 2009 at 12:29 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply! Note: I did not use or access the supplied files from the first post. I simply followed the listed instructions using my own files. Also, I am not a programmer, so I have a few questions about your response.

I think you forgot to add the additional filed along the way in the code changes or there is a typo which is super easy to do with the code involved.
    Can you say more about the "additional filed". Is that a typo? Is there a file I was supposed to add. My only steps were to make changes in easypopulate.php. I didn't add/FTP any new files.

You can see in the SQL that it is trying to insert an extra value, there are 12 in the columns and 13 values. If you go through the values you can link them up with the columns to see where the extra value is coming from.
    This is just shy of greek to me (smile). I gathered from the error message that it was trying to insert the extra value but I don't know where/how to "go through the vaues and link them up with the columns". Well, I suppose it's a visual "linking them up" (smile), but where do I go to do this?

It's not the timestamp, the 3 time values are for

products_last_modified,
    products_date_added,
    products_date_available,

which is correct.

Have you compared your file to the one in the first post in this thread? Search in the file for msrp and you will see all of the places where the new code goes because I added msrp to it. I think that the most likely culprit is a typo.

Let me know how it compares and if you still can't find the problem and I will see what I can do to help.
    Following the instructions of the first post, I added my new custom field only where the 7 mentions of v_products_weight appeared in my easypopulate.php file. (I simply added the new custom field as the line right under the one with v_products_weight each time). In the supplied file, there are many more instances of msrp than there were instances of v_products_weight in my file.

I did go back through my easypopulate.php very carefully and I do not see a stray comma, quote mark or any other mark.

Of course, that may not be at all where you were suggesting that I look (smile). I hope my comments are helpful enough to you to help me resolve this.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry, it was a typo. I meant field not filed.

What I meant by matching up columns and values is in the statement:
    PHP Code:
    INSERT INTO products (
    products_image,
    products_model,
    products_price,
    products_status,
    products_last_modified,
    products_date_added,
    products_date_available,
    products_tax_class_id,
    products_weight,
    products_quantity,
    master_categories_id,
    manufacturers_id)
    VALUES (
    '300',
    '1',
    CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
    CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
    "0000-00-00 00:00:00",
    '1',
    '2',
    '65',
    '200',
    '68',
    '10'
    So you are inserting into the table called products and the columns called products_image, products_model etc the values no_picture.gif, 123-ABC, etc. You need to look at these values to see which one is the extra. In looking at them without knowing any of your real values, it all seems good up to the dates, then you get to 1, 2, 65, 200, 68, 10. Is the manufacturers_id 68 or 10 or...? What about the master_categories_id?

"In the supplied file, there are many more instances of msrp than there were instances of v_products_weight in my file." I think that will be the problem right there. Please go through the attached file again and compare where msrp is and where you have added your fields and if there is a missing section in your file go ahead and add it and see if that fixes it.

Honestly, I have never used 1.2.5.5 but had a cursory look at it and it seemed like my modification would work without a problem and I think that people have done the modification to 1.2.5.5 successfully. We use 1.2.5.4. If this is indeed the cause of the problem, then I apologize for wasting your time and will ask the moderators to amend the title of the thread to exclude 1.2.5.5.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the further explanation. I'll go through this again and I'll report back whether or not it works.

Thanks again for the additional detail! It's very helpul.

Don't amend that title yet! (smile)

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast