Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers (still) can't login!

Replace the two files

- /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_login_default.php
    - /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_timeout_default.php

and

- /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_login_default.php
    - /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_timeout_default.php

Or try backing the files up from your custom template folder then deleting them see if this helps. Keep the files

- /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_login_default.php
    - /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_timeout_default.php

in place do not delete both places at the same time but can replace at same time.
    It seems you still have old code from a previous version of zencart. Download a brand new copy of zencart and replace the files in the custom folder and template_default folder.

Be sure to back them up where you can merge any modifications over to the newer files.

Also your site still kicks the non secure items in IE so do the following and that should fix that issue as well.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="570" height="100" id="images/scroll3" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="images/scroll4.swf" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
    <embed src="images/scroll4.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="570" height="100" name="images/scroll4" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="https://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
    </object>

Change whats in red to your code
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you choose to install a new cart, why not try installing a second site on your server ... ie: a new folder and new database, with demo data ... and check whether the problem still exists in a clean install. If yes, then your server's likely to blame. If not, then one or more of your addons is likely to blame. Adding things back one by one could reveal whatever's broken it.

Or ... http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I do not have any trouble logging into an old account on your site nor do I have any trouble creating a new account on your site ...

Have you resolved this problem?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for slow replies - had to be out all day yesterday and am about to go out all day today too, but will try some of these tonight.

Host99, thanks for spotting the Macromedia URL's - it hadn't occurred to me I could append 'secure' to them too. I'll try renaming the two files you mention and see if it makes a difference.

DrByte, I'm pretty certain that this is a 'new' problem and has arisen quite recently, and that I could log in with either browser just a couple of weeks ago, so a new install shouldn't have this problem. Its something I've edited since then, but I've edited a lot. So, a test install isn't really going to help me, unless I'm seeing it wrong?

Linda, hang on, are you saying that you can log BACK into an account, rather than simply create a new one? If so, which browser have you tried that in (and could you try it in the other main one too please?). Its not local to my machine because its occurred to me on more than one computer in the house, but I guess its possible its a local issue to my IP!
    The instructions say Insert Disk 3, but only two will fit...
    www.shedtraders.co.uk
    www.tobermorychocolate.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Update time
    Again, apologies for delay in following through with suggestions - I've had a relative admitted to hospital a couple of hundred miles away and have been up and down the motorway non-stop. On to better news...

Following knuckle's advice, I renamed
    Code:
    - /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_login_default.php
    - /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_timeout_default.php
    as temp files first, and attempted to log in. And guess what? It worked! I tried IE first and got the insecure item warning, so amended the macromedia links in the movie script and tried again - no problem logging in at all. Daring to hope, I tried FF, and was logged straight in again! Thats it, its solved! Unfortunately, as is the way with these things, its flagged up another issue but I'll have run a search on that in the forums before posting another thread if necessary - sigh

But this issue is indeed resolved and my heartfelt thanks to all contributors for their advice in rectifying it. P.S. Linda - the link in your sig to http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=14 isn't working correctly somewhere - on clicking the 'one time donate' I get the following message from PayPal
    If you were in the process of buying something, or sending money to family or friends, we recommend you check both your PayPal account and your email inbox for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, you may want to return to that site (we advise that you don't just use your browser's back button) and restart your activity.
    www.shedtraders.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The file-rename suggestions from knuckle are part of the guidance in the FAQ mentioned earlier: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=312 which indicates that you've got a problem with your template files ... ie: it suggests they're not designed for features in the current version of Zen Cart.

Nevertheless, glad you got it sorted out.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by travellers View Post
    P.S. Linda - the link in your sig to http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=14 isn't working correctly somewhere - on clicking the 'one time donate' I get the following message from PayPal
    PayPal seems to have been having some intermittent quirky problems. Looks like the link is working again now.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The file-rename suggestions from knuckle are part of the guidance in the FAQ mentioned earlier: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=312 which indicates that you've got a problem with your template files ... ie: it suggests they're not designed for features in the current version of Zen Cart.

Nevertheless, glad you got it sorted out.
    Well yes, but I'd done that bit (i.e. adding the tokens). The article didn't mention removing them if there were further problems. Incidentally, there's no mystery about current versions of template files, etc - both those files came to be installed as part of the Google Payments addition, and it was then I started getting security errors. I did make a post in the Google Payments support thread suggesting that it might help if they had the latest files in their download, but was met with universal silence...
    www.shedtraders.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by travellers View Post
    both those files came to be installed as part of the Google Payments addition, and it was then I started getting security errors.
    Hmmm ... entirely unsurprising.
    However, inside this discussion, this is the first I recall you mentioning anything about Google Checkout. If you did, then I missed it. And, as with many things about that addon, I'm not surprised that things broke. But if you want to discuss that mod, the discussion belongs over in that other thread, not here.

Plugin Contributions

Damn, you're right and I hadn't mentioned it before. I misunderstood the 'status' of that mod, inasmuch as I possibly gave it more credit than it deserved by assuming that as a mod designed for something as large as Google and submitted by Google themselves, it was in a position somehow 'superior' to mods submitted by Joe Bloggs like you and me. Well, me anyway...
    www.shedtraders.co.uk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123