Plugin Contributions

Default Gift Certificate Usage

I had a customer order 7 gift certificates before Christmas. I emailed the customer 7 gift certificates and they all went out just fine.

Recently I had another customer sign up and try and use one of the gift certificates on my site. she ended up using paypal to purchase rather then the gift certificate working for her purchase?

She contacted me and I cancelled her order and explained that she needed to use the box for "Gift Certificate" during checkout. She had put the code in the wrong place. She has not attempted to re-order as yet. So I am not sure I explained correctly or not?

My question is, Should a customers order be less then what the gift certificate is, will they have a remaining balance after purchase that they can use another time? or does this reflect back to the original purchaser of the gift certificates?

Also when it asks for payment, should they use the check/money order selection rather then CC'd or Paypal option?

TIA
    Hog

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificate Usage

Quote Originally Posted by Usahog View Post
    My question is, Should a customers order be less then what the gift certificate is, will they have a remaining balance after purchase that they can use another time? or does this reflect back to the original purchaser of the gift certificates?

Also when it asks for payment, should they use the check/money order selection rather then CC'd or Paypal option?

TIA
    Hog
    If the original customer sent them the full amount of the gift certificate then if they don't use the entire amount they will have a credit/balance they can use at another time.

They can use whatever you have it set up for them to choose from.