Plugin Contributions

Default Site went BLANK?

OK, I'm not sure where this thread fits in, so feel free to move it if need be.

I woke up this morning to a BLANK store front. Everything else is working (the SMF forums and even the admin section of the ZenCart shop). No changes have been made to the site in a month, and the only WORK done on the site was to bring the server up to PCI Compliance standards.

A brief email exchange with the web host shows that nothing is "wrong" on their end (no database or PHP issues). Their only suggestion was a broken template (I changed between all the different templates I have on there...and got the blank page for each attempt), which doesn't seem to be true. Unless it is the default template files that are broken...but without me making changes, I don't see how that happened.

So, anyone have any thoughts on what I could try to get things running (correctly) again? Short of re-uploading blindly file by file (which I'd rather NOT do), what are my options?

Site stats:
    Server OS: Linux
    Php Version: 5.2.8
    Zencart version: 1.3.8a
    http://www.stonegarden.net

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site went BLANK?

Searching the FAQ area for issues related to blank pages brings up this article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82 ... Try the utility in step 2a, which will help identify which files are having problems. Blank pages are a result of PHP errors ... yours could be related to something wrong as a result of hosting changes (permissions issues?), or it could be something simple like an improperly-edited language file, etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site went BLANK?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Searching the FAQ area for issues related to blank pages brings up this article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82 ... Try the utility in step 2a, which will help identify which files are having problems. Blank pages are a result of PHP errors ... yours could be related to something wrong as a result of hosting changes (permissions issues?), or it could be something simple like an improperly-edited language file, etc.
    Too awesome. Thank you! I was able to locate the issue (an undefined function in the specials.php file) and now the site works again. MUCH appreciated!