Plugin Contributions

Default "page can't be displayed" when sending emails

I am having a problem sending emails. It has nevber worked and I have always been on v1.3.8. I have contacted my hosting company "webhost4life" who said I must use smtpauth.
    My site domain is 99centalbums.com. I have the same domain email in my from area as i do in my account auth area. socket 25 is recommended and its on a linux server. email archive is active and nothing shows up when testing emails to "Admin" or customers. I get "page can't be displayed", please help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "page can't be displayed" when sending emails

1. Work with your hosting company to review the apache error_log for causes of the "page cannot be displayed" messages.
    2. Try the debug logging utility from step 2a of this article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    3. Remember that the SMTPAUTH method requires that you specify the SMTP host, port, username/mailbox, AND password.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thx for the quick response. I have "to my knowledge" filled out the proper fields correctly. If I do not even show an email being sent in the email archive, does that suggest a host problem or that i configured something wrong in Zen?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If email archiving is enabled, and nothing is getting into the archive table, then it's not sending the emails at all ... which suggests that you're encountering a problem that's either preventing the email server from being reached, or PHP errors causing scripts to abort, or settings problems.
    How long does it take before the "page can't be displayed" message appears? If it's a lengthy delay (30 seconds or so), then it's probably because it cannot reach the mailserver using the address you supplied.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

it is immediate. under other modes it would say it was sent but i would never receive them. after talking with my host i was told i had to use smtpauth only and with that i get an immediate "can't display page" error. i also get the same error when setting up a new member account on my page. it creates the account successfully but i get that error assumming because it trys to email something. i get for change password or contact us also. when using other delivery methods i was getting mail in the archive just was not going out. now i get nothing.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Who are you hosted with?
    What address did you enter as the SMTP server?

Plugin Contributions

I am hosted with "webhost4life" and used mail.99centalbums.com as the smtp server. This problem was resolved by my hostsites helpdesk. I have attached their response below in case it helps anyone else. Thanks again.

We have gave a check with the zencart debug mode 2b.) :
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

And it returns fatal error:
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SMTP in /shfs/home/*****/www/*****/class.smtp.php on line 37

2.)
    We have renamed the duplicated class.smtp.php:
    /*****/class.smtp.php to class.smtp.php_bak
    /*****/includes/classes/class.smtp.php to class.smtp.php_bak

3.)
    After renamed the duplicated class, the "contact us" form seems able to submit to [email protected]. I have gave a check that the testing form have been send to [email protected].

Could you give it a check with the contact us page and mail box of "[email protected]".

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The *only* place where there should be a "class.smtp.php" file is /includes/classes/class.smtp.php ... Any other location would be incorrect, and is not part of the original Zen Cart install.