Plugin Contributions

Default Best/Cheapest Payment Option

Finally just launched a store a couple days ago after lots of work...first time.

Anyways, sold my first product today. The price was 375, plus shipping the total was $380.00.

I thought the best and easiest would be PayPal Express Checkout but when all was said and done pay pal took just over $11.00 off the top for their 'fees".

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Best/Cheapest Payment Option

Quote Originally Posted by tfilio View Post
    Finally just launched a store a couple days ago after lots of work...first time.

Anyways, sold my first product today. The price was 375, plus shipping the total was $380.00.

I thought the best and easiest would be PayPal Express Checkout but when all was said and done pay pal took just over $11.00 off the top for their 'fees".

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    Yes.. Paypal is a ripoff... You have many options. I use google checkout and I got my own merchant account.

Google: will give you 100.00 to every dollar you spend with them in adwords and they are a flat 2% rate.... They are by far the best deal I have found. So lets say you spend 100.00 a month in adwords they will give you 1000.00 worth of free credit card processing...so for the first 1000.00 you process you pay nothing and then it's only 2%

I did my own merchant and think I have a fairly good deal. my rates are 2.19% for qualified cards and 2.79%for non qualified, I do not accept amex because they are also an expensive card to take...

look into google.. You can incorporate it into zencart...

good luck on that NEW site....

JJM

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Best/Cheapest Payment Option

You will always have fees for accepting payments online. Heck, even accepting cash still costs you a deposit fee when you take that cash to deposit into your business bank account. It's a cost of doing business.

If you need recommendations for online processing gateways, see the payment providers listed here: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=27 You'll find the rates competitive, especially for the first one. And the benefit of using one of these services is that the functionality to use them is already built-in to Zen Cart, unlike the suggestion in the earlier reply above.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.