Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Scheduled Events Add-On

I have installed this mode but still get a black page... i tried using the eventz folder.. entered a sample but it doesn not show up in zen events page. I checked the databs and all fields are present.

Plugin Contributions

Did you load the contents of the directories titled "CUSTOM" to the correct directory in your site.

using cnyapparel as an example:

• includes/languages/CUSTOM/english.php should go into includes/languages/cherry_zen/english.php
    • includes/templates/CUSTOM/templates/tpl_events_default.php should go into includes/templates/cherry_zen/templates/tpl_events_default.php

PLEASE NOTE: if you have modified the existing cherry_zen english.php file, you will need to copy your changes to the new english.php

Plugin Contributions

Questions about this module....

Does this module have the ability for me to upload a block of html code into it? either after the text - or in place of the text.

Instead of showing plain lines of text with the event info, I want to use different fonts, sizes & colors.. and add pictures. I could do that if I could upload html table in a section of the listing.

Also,.... Can I change the layout so the DATE is shown first- uppler left- then the title under that

And... Does the listing automatically roll off when expired?

any help would be appreciated...
    thanks, april_may

Plugin Contributions

Part of the beauty of Zen Cart is that you can customize to your heart's content.
    This add-on utilizes a table in the database and is therefore limited to the amount of characters it will accept in each field. Of course, you can change that by changing the size of the fields. Don't know if you can fit much of a table in 255 characters, but you can try to put as much code in the tpl as possible.
    The fields WILL accept html. Thus the ability to put Google maps in the Driving Directions portion.
    I would not recommend putting font size or any other css-related info in the database. I'd add a few IDs and classes to the tpl_events_default.php and define them in the stylesheet.
    The tpl_events_default.php (in the includes/templates/CUSTOM/templates directory) can be modified to present the items in any order you wish.
    Lastly, The system will automatically drop an event at midnight on the last day of the event.

Plugin Contributions

Hey thanks for the quick response!

I'm reallly glad it drops off after the event!
    Sounds good-
    guess I'll give it a try! I'll play with it and see what I can get.
    Can the text field (255 characters) be changed to a text area?
    That may work????

I'll let you know how this turns out.

april_may

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Lastly, The system will automatically drop an event at midnight on the last day of the event.
    Is this true for all versions of the mod?

FYI I'm getting a page_not_found when I click on this mod link in your sig

Plugin Contributions

dbltoe,
    I am having trouble installing module.
    I believe the problem has to do with me merging the information.php and the english.php files, but I am not sure. I do not want to do a straight install as written as it would blow out all my custom english and information files setting for other stuff on the site.

I just installed WinMerge... I compared the files, but the lines are all different so it was too hard to compare it. (I have to learn how to use that program) Therefore, I copied and pasted your events code into my files so as not to disturb all my other custom code.

The scheduled events (I named it Art Events rather than scheduled events) is showing up in the Information bar (I moved it to 2nd position... under About us)
    After FTPing the files and then clicking on "Art Events" as per the instructions, I keep getting an error message. This is the error message I am getting (less my account#)
    1146 Table '(removedmyprivateaccountfile#) .events' doesn't exist
    in:
    [SELECT * FROM events WHERE (EndDate >= NOW()-1) ORDER BY StartDate]

What am I doing wrong? My cart is in a folder names "gallery" - not the root folder- so is that making a difference?
    And since I have it set up this way, will the "eventz" file go in the root folder (outside of Zen cart) or inside the "gallery" (inside Zen cart folder?

Possible suggestion....I installed another module- "About US" page and it has SEPARATE files for the information and english, etc. so it adds to and it doesn't overwrite existing files and info. Can this be done for this module? Here is the link- look at the structure for this one. I had no hassle installing it. It did not overwrite anything. The files are written independently and do not require any merging of Zen regular files. http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=182

This is windy... thanks for your patience
    I appreciate your help.
    april_may
    view my ZC at http://artsales.net/gallery

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by april_may View Post
    1146 Table '(removedmyprivateaccountfile#) .events' doesn't exist
    in:
    [SELECT * FROM events WHERE (EndDate >= NOW()-1) ORDER BY StartDate]
    Don't know if you can see the red dot in the quote, but this happens sometimes if you have an unusual database prefix setup.
    You might try loading the mySQL file through the Admin >> Tools >> Install SQL Patches.
    One of the things I need to put in the instructions.

Plugin Contributions

yes, I see the red dot
    I DID install the patch through Admiin- Tools _Install SQL patches

so now what do I need to do?

april_may

Plugin Contributions

ps... as far as the file setup stuff....guess I should mention.. I am hosted on GoDaddy...

april_may

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast