Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Scheduled Events Add-On

This add-on provides the admin/owner the ability to display upcoming events where their product(s) can be seen or purchased.

It allows the admin/owner to display
    • The name of the event
    • The address or name of the event place.
    • The start date for the event.
    • The ending date for the event.
    • Comments for the event (i.e. Parking is free next door)
    • Special information for the event (We'll have fribbitts at 50% off OR Tell us you love Zen Cart and get a 10% discount on any purchase).
    • Your location at the event, i.e. Second floor next to the escalator.
    • Lastly, you can enter a link generated by any map program like Google that will be presented as a link.
    Included in the add-on is a simple enter/edit program to enter and edit items in the database table "events" that is created by an included sql patch.

The add-on consists of two folders. One folder (includes), contains several folders with a total of seven files to be uploaded to your site. All files are in override areas but MAY have already been modified with some other item on your site.

Those of you familiar with database updates and inserts may not need to upload the other folder (eventz) as it is only used to enter/edit events.

A read_me file and installation/user's guide is included in the zip. It's been tested with several different templates and settings but ONLY in version 1.3.8a.

As always... BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Scheduled Events Add-On

Where might we download this?
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Hi There

Sounds like a great tool but I just installed this mod, when I go to the eventz url, I get the following:

MySQL error 1146
    Table 'xxxxxx_xxxxxx.events' doesn't exist
    MySQL error 1146
    Table 'xxxxxx_xxxxxx.events' doesn't exist

phpMyEdit error: invalid SQL query
    SELECT `PMEtable0`.`EventID` AS `qf0`,`PMEtable0`.`Event` AS `qf1`,`PMEtable0`.`Place` AS `qf2`,`PMEtable0`.`StartDate` AS `qf3`,`PMEtable0`.`EndDate` AS `qf4`,`PMEtable0`.`Comments` AS `qf5`,`PMEtable0`.`Special` AS `qf6`,`PMEtable0`.`Location` AS `qf7`,`PMEtable0`.`Map_Txt` AS `qf8` FROM `events` AS `PMEtable0` ORDER BY `PMEtable0`.`EventID` LIMIT 0, 159.532 miliseconds

Im using the latest version of zen and installed it as described

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    This add-on provides the admin/owner the ability to display upcoming events where their product(s) can be seen or purchased.

It allows the admin/owner to display
    • The name of the event
    • The address or name of the event place.
    • The start date for the event.
    • The ending date for the event.
    • Comments for the event (i.e. Parking is free next door)
    • Special information for the event (We'll have fribbitts at 50% off OR Tell us you love Zen Cart and get a 10% discount on any purchase).
    • Your location at the event, i.e. Second floor next to the escalator.
    • Lastly, you can enter a link generated by any map program like Google that will be presented as a link.
    Included in the add-on is a simple enter/edit program to enter and edit items in the database table "events" that is created by an included sql patch.

The add-on consists of two folders. One folder (includes), contains several folders with a total of seven files to be uploaded to your site. All files are in override areas but MAY have already been modified with some other item on your site.

Those of you familiar with database updates and inserts may not need to upload the other folder (eventz) as it is only used to enter/edit events.

A read_me file and installation/user's guide is included in the zip. It's been tested with several different templates and settings but ONLY in version 1.3.8a.

As always... BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP!
    Regards,

Chris (CCN1)

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps the sql file did not work. Did you apply the patch from the admin, PhPmyAdmin, or.....?

Plugin Contributions

Dbltoe,

Sounds like a great mod! Can I see it in action somewhere?

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Third link in the sig (toads) will get you to one. Fifth link (vinegar) will show one that is modified to use for recipes. I hope to finalize the events mod into spin-offs for recipes and business outlets.

Plugin Contributions

Dbltoe ~

thanks for the lnks! This mod looks like something I'm gonna have to have!

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Perhaps the sql file did not work. Did you apply the patch from the admin, PhPmyAdmin, or.....?
    Hi There

Thanks for getting back to me,

Yes I installed it from zen admin, first by pasting the sql, then when that did not work by browsing and uploading the sql.

Just to check, zen using by default the templates "classic" and "template_default" which should I have set the CUSTOM folder to ?, I set it to classic - was this right....

Thanks again.
    Regards,

Chris (CCN1)

Plugin Contributions

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you should not be using classic or template default. Any upgrades will wipe out all your hard work and make your life miserable.

There might be one small argument for not using a custom directory, but the only one I can think of is that you will totally abandon your current cart on upgrade.

Anyway, if you do a View Page Source in your browser by right-clicking on your site, you should see what folder the system looks in for the stylesheet.css. There will be a line near the top of the view source that shows it loads the stylesheet.css. That folder should be your custom, but, if you see classic or template_default, that is what you would use in your case.

I'd still investigate the override system in the Tutorials?FAQs section. As Monk says, "You'll thank me later."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast