Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Scheduled Events Add-On

Good call on using phpMyAdmin - I had re-installed the SQL numerous time without success but using phpMyAdmin made the difference!

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes but I wanted to make a suggestion / comment: It is necessary to slightly modify includes/languages/CUSTOM/english.php (just one define must be added), a file that will almost certainly have been modified previously. To achieve this you have included an updated version of the original english.php with the define in place. My fear is that those new to Zen Cart might inadvertently over-write the all-important english.php with that version, wreaking havoc on their site (Although you have indeed given the proper warnings). Rather, maybe you could just include the following instructions in the events_installation_users_guide:
    In includes/languages/CUSTOM/english.php, Under the heading:
    // information box text in sideboxes/information.php
    add this define:
    define('BOX_INFORMATION_EVENTS', 'Scheduled Events');
    The same could even be said for includes/modules/sideboxes/CUSTOM/information.php, since it is just one if statement.
    In includes/modules/sideboxes/CUSTOM/information.php, Under the heading:
    unset($information);
    add this if statement:
    if (DEFINE_EVENTS_STATUS <= 1) {
    $information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_EVENTS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_EVENTS . '</a>';
    }
    To my way of thinking, making 2 minor additions is quicker, easier and less daunting of a task then comparing files using Win-Merge etc. if indeed the files have been modifed previously.

Thanks again for this great add-on!

Plugin Contributions

Good Call.
    I'm tweaking things now to try to get this where all can be done in the admin. Will include dual instructions with the next upgrade.
    I have found that most folks fear inserting/changing/removing code and went that way at first.
    However, I understand that warnings are like operating instructions. Often read AFTER the problem occurs.

Ahhh to be once again in the pre-Alps of Friuli........

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post

Ahhh to be once again in the pre-Alps of Friuli........
    Things change slowly here, they will be awaiting your return more-or-less just as they were when you left...

If I could inject one more item for the wish-list: It would be nice to be able to turn this mod off and on from the admin.

Plugin Contributions

...would it be possible to have it turn off automatically if there are no scheduled events? I can imagine that it might be difficult because of the if statement added to information.php. Although maybe the if statement itself could be set to not display if there are no events?

Plugin Contributions

But Porcia, Roveredo and Pordenone have left me behind.

The move to the admin will include the on/off switch and the ability add/change/delete columns.

When this is where I want it, it will next morph into Recipes and Retail Outlets. It's already easy to modify events to do both of these, but I want to wait till I like Events a little better.

ciao

Plugin Contributions

One of my zen carts is a dual language site, the second language being Italian. Unless I'm missing something, this mod doesn't really lend itself well to multiple languages, correct? It does have an includes/english file that houses the events.php file, allowing me to properly name the NAVBAR_TITLE & HEADING_TITLE in both languages. However, the content itself is defined in tpl_events_default.php at templates/CUSTOM/templates/, which, unless I'm mistaken cannot have a language over-ride.

Is this true, or am I not seeing something obvious?

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the late reply, been recovering from the Rodeo.
    You are correct and I apologize that I didn't take into consideration other languages with this version.
    I'll be taking this and your other suggestion into account when looking at this mod again this month.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, been recovering from the Rodeo.
    You are correct and I apologize that I didn't take into consideration other languages with this version.
    I'll be taking this and your other suggestion into account when looking at this mod again this month.
    Hey, don't sweat it - I appreciate the effort you and other folks put into these community modules, often while juggling day jobs, family life and some semblance of a social life at the same time.

Plugin Contributions

Default Errors when using Install SQL Patches

Some have reported errors when using "Install SQL Patches" in the admin to install the included .sql file

A problem occurs when you have a database prefix set in your two configure.php files.

Install SQL Patches will automatically add the DB_PREFIX to the database events table name. For example, events becomes zen_events if your DB_+PREFIX is "zen_".

The mod files are set to access the events table without any prefix.

The quickest fix is to rename the table after it is loaded.

If you are using phpMyAdmin, do the following:

1. Open phpMyAdmin and click on the database containing the table.
    2. Click on the table to rename. (probably zen_events)
    3. Click on the Operations Tab in the right-hand screen.
    4. Under the "Table Options" section, enter "events" (without the quotes" in the "Rename table to" block.
    5. Click the "Go" at the bottom-right of the "Table Options" section.
    6. You should get a message in yellow background stating, "Table events has been renamed to events"
    7. Your events should now be working.

The next release will include a check to see if a DB_PREFIX exists and cure this problem.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Errors when using Install SQL Patches

I love this mod so thank you very much! I just wondered... (it can't hurt to ask, right?)

I have a wordpress blog at www.jenleheny.com and I would love to have a sidebar widget to display the events list that is at my zen cart shop site at www.redinstead.com.au/index.php?main_page=events

Do you have any experience with widget making or does anybody else know how (or if) this is possible?
    Jen

Red Instead design. print. web. photography.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast