Plugin Contributions

Default Customers Phone Number Missing from DB

I've tried several things to figure this out but the problem is persistent. Customer phone numbers are more often than not missing from the DB. I've checked to make sure on several occasions. Now the weird thing is that when I try and do a test run I can not proceeded past the create a new customer page without an email address. And upon completion I check the DB and my phone number IS stored properly. Is there something I'm unaware of... possibly a setting that turns of JavaScript and allows customers to proceed with out a phone number. I'm not sure the verification is JS and if it is I doubt so many customers are using this setting. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks http://www.healthykitchenware.com

PS I did check Telephone number is missing from invoices and this is not my problem at all.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers Phone Number Missing from DB

If you're using PayPal Express Checkout and your customer-accounts are being auto-generated by that process, then you're missing the phone number because the customer hasn't shared it with you.

You could try changing your PayPal account settings to require a phone number. PayPal doesn't recommend this, primarily because they see themselves as the keeper of private info.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I thought of this. And disabled the option to go to pay pal before creating a customer account in Zen Cart. If pay pal is the problem are they then somehow writing over the phone numbers in the DB?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

PayPal doesn't change any existing account details.
    The Express Checkout will simply create an account if one doesn't already exist for that customer's PayPal email address in your store.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    does anyone know where to find the option to require a phone number with paypal express,

thanks,
    Mo

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you're using PayPal Express Checkout and your customer-accounts are being auto-generated by that process, then you're missing the phone number because the customer hasn't shared it with you.

You could try changing your PayPal account settings to require a phone number. PayPal doesn't recommend this, primarily because they see themselves as the keeper of private info.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Look in your PayPal account Profile settings. I believe it's under Website Payment Preferences.

Plugin Contributions

thanks DrByte.
    Just found it