Plugin Contributions

Default Offline Credit Card Processing E-mail not Working

I have recently added SSL functionality to the checkout process on a website. The SSL server is separate from the one hosting the site so I transferred the files and made a new config.php. Everything is working except for the offline credit card processing. It doesn't send the e-mail containing the credit card number anymore.

The user still receives a confirmation e-mail, the store registers the transaction but the split credit card information e-mail isn't sent.

Does any one know how to fix this?

Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Offline Credit Card Processing E-mail not Working

Unless it's crashing with an error message saying it can't find the email server, then the email *is* sent.
    Whether it arrives at its intended destination is a result of many factors:
    - is the mailserver on your SSL server allowing that message through?
    - is the receiving mailserver accepting the message? or is it dumping it in a blackhole because of some rule it doesn't like?
    - sometimes those emails get dumped because they're tiny and only contain a few numbers, and have a subject line that's all capital letters, thus having the appearance of spam.
    - sometimes emails get dumped because the mailserver configuration doesn't like the configuration parameters you've set. This is not uncommon when you have two separate servers for your website such as you've described for your SSL requirements.

You'll likely need to work with your hosting company to get them to follow the email through the server and find out what's happening to it.

If you're not seeing an error message on the screen or getting a blank white screen, then Zen Cart is under the impression that the email was sent successfully.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have a similar problem but have done considerable troubleshooting.

In the beginning, I couldn't send any emails from my host (DIMEHOST) to my personal emails (Juno.com). Turned out that Juno was blocking DIMEHOST. The two worked it out and now I can send emails directly to my Juno account.

Then, I tried sending it to an email that is directed to Zoneedit which breaks it out to a couple of Juno email accounts and that didn't work. Turned out that Juno was blocking Zoneedit emails. The two worked it ouit and now I can send emails through Zoneedit to my Juno accounts. Now the problem.

While all combinations of emails work, the one that doesn't is when zc tries to send the middle digits of the credit card to Zoneedit to my Juno account. zc thinks its sent but it never arrives. Note that zc can send it directly to my Juno account but just not through zoneedit. Can someone give me some ideas of why I can send an email through zoneedit but not the middle credit card numbers? Is there different about how zc processes the offline cc number email vs the other emails?

If I can't send through zoneedit, is there anyway that I can tell zc to send the middle digits to multiple email addresses?

I'm using zc 1.3.8a as a new install.

Plugin Contributions

Default CC Module not sending the split to email address..

Hello,

I'm using version 1.3.8 on a fresh install.

The problem I'm having is when I test it using the offline credit card module in split/send mode, it's not sending the emails. I configured according to the tutorial here

Everything seems to work just fine, except I am not getting the middle part of the credit card number sent to my email address. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

I have searched the forums and haven't found anything that helped. Hopefully I can solve this....

Plugin Contributions

I am having a similar problem. I have a fresh install 1.3.8. Set everything up and it seems to work, except I just dont actually get the emails containing the rest of the CC#. I get the first and last sets of numbers in my admin, but no emails have been sent at all....

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

I am having this problem too, with a fresh install.. anyone fixed this yet?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You shouldn't be using v1.3.8 on a live site.
    v1.3.9 is released and contains numerous important security fixes. And, does not include the Offline Credit Card module.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

So then how can we get payment information to process a credit card for payment? Is there something else we have to do? Not all my customers want to use paypal.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The best solution is to use a live payment gateway designed for processing credit cards in real time.
    If you're opposed to that better solution, then there's an addon in the Addons area which replaces the functionality removed.