Plugin Contributions

red flag Billing and Shipping does not match

In Customers/Orders

why I obtain in all my orders the red light with the legend: Billing and Shipping does not match

help me please!

thanks in advance...
    URL: http://www.littledreamswarehouse.com/shop
    Zen Version: 1.3.89h
    Zen Template: orange modified

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Billing and Shipping does not match

That is just an indicator if any of the 3 addresses:
    customer
    billing
    shipping

do not match ...

This does not mean anything is necessarily wrong, but it does warrant a closer look to ensure that there isn't any monkey business going on ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

thanks Linda
    but is weird, because I only sell digital products... I do not require shipping address... and when I click on the customer name... I don't see differents address... I see the same... twice....

Plugin Contributions

I really cannot say without seeing all of the data ...

But be sure you are not just reading the Legend ... the red dot would be next to to the order ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

ok... thanks Linda... I will continue looking my orders...

Plugin Contributions

Zen Version 1.3.8a, brand new installation.

I have noted this behaviour previously on a few sites I run, some with older versions of Zen Cart, but have never had the opportunity to have a proper look at it and put it down to one or other of the plug-ins installed.

I just installed Zen from scratch on a new site and noted the same behaviour so went looking for a solution and came across this and other threads.

I am certain I am not speaking only of the legend at the top of the page and confirm that I see a red dot against all orders.

All these orders are for downloads.

I went through the process of checking product settings for the download products and ensured that they are NOT virtual products and that they are NOT free shipping. Still had the red dots.

I dug deeper and to cut a long story short, found that when an order is made for a download product, a space is inserted into the delivery_name field in the orders table.

The code responsible for showing the red dot checks whether or not the delivery and billing names are the same or whether the delivery_name field is empty.

As the billing name and delivery names are not the same (one is empty, the other is a space) and the delivery_name field has a space in it rather than being empty the red dot gets placed against the order.

I didn't manage to find the code responsible for writing to the db when a new order is made so for a quick and dirty fix I changed the code checking the names.

The code is in admin/orders.php around line 787 and I simply added a space between the single quotes at the end of the if statement ...['delivery_name'] != ' '))...

I ran a quick test and seems to work OK but someone might want to do a proper job rather than the hack I have done so things are stable for the future.

Hope this helps

Plugin Contributions

What is being compared is the customer address, billing address and shipping address ...

On Download only orders, only the customer address and billing address are compared and the blank shipping address is ignored ...

So Downloads should not be flagged unless the customer address differs from the billing address ...
    Linda McGrath