Plugin Contributions

Default recommendations for merchant providers? - detailed statements?

Hey guys!

First let me tell you that I really appreciate the effort the Zen Cart team puts behind this product. Its a high quality solution for an unbeatable price, plus there is great support through this forum.

I have been using Zen Cart for 2 years now, and receive payments through Linkpoint. For the setup I used Zen Carts recommendation, I believe through this link .

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=30

Everything seems to be working, but the linkpoint part has always been shady. I have just a slight idea of what I am being charged ($19 monthly, $9.95 settlement fee (??), $5 customer support), but this fee varies by month, without a clear description. Just found out there is a $1.25 fee for bad address check.

In addition to that, they discount the transaction fee (visa, mastercard 2.39%, 4.85% if keyed manually) before crediting my account, so it takes time to match my bank statements with Zen cart sales report. Sometimes the rate changes if the card has a mileage program.

Anyway, I am not satisfied with my current reseller, which I dont even have a clear idea who is... either merchantlane.com, linkpt.net, or linkpointcentral.com, I got emails from the three addresses. Recently they switched the home page to First Data, which I know is the owner of the linkpoint standard.

Have you guys had similar experiences? I want to help the Zen cart team by using their partner reseller, however I am not satisfied by the lack of visibility in the way I am charged. Reminds me of old telephone bill where you had no idea of what was going on.

I am about to open a new ecommerce store. Do you have any suggestions of other resellers, or tips to handle this issue?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: recommendations for Linkpoint resellers/ providers - detailed statements

If you signed up through the Recommended Services link on this site, then you're working with merchantlane. Since that time, due to some frustrations with linkpoint, they have branched off into a more cost-efficient and customer-friendly service using another supported gateway. Give them a call and tell them you want to switch to their new program under National Merchant Bancard. http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=45

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.