Plugin Contributions

Default Product Type cloned from General Type

Hi,
    I cloned my new product type (called product_services) from the regular general product type, not from the music or other example new product types. Is this ok? Is there something about the general type that I should not use it for my clone source of a new product type? My type is just like my now customized regular product type which works perfectly. It has just some changes on which fields to show on the product info screen.

Any help on this appreciated. Right now I am getting blank product info when I try to bring up my first product of this type. I have not touched any code. I just set up the product_type and product_type_layout tables, and then copied and renamed files to correspond to this new product type.

Thanks,
    Mary Helen

Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot even open product listing

My product type doesn't work. I realize I cannot even open the subcategory product listing. Can someone please look at my site?? It is at http://www.vinquiry.com/test/store. Click on Services, which is the new product type. That works. Then click on Equipment and Instruments, and the page is blank. You should be seeing a list of 2 products.

Any help whatsoever greatly appreciated, I AM TOTALLY STUCK. I have checked and rechecked, and all the files are in place.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default A little more info

At http://www.vinquiry.com/test/store, the Services categoy has my new product type applied to it. I tried adding some more subcategories. The only subcategory with products in it is Equipment and Supplies. The product listing is working, but clicking on an actual product brings up a blank page. I am guessing a problem with my tpl_products_services_info_display.php file, but I opened it in beyond compare and it is identical to the general products version. Very much in need of a bit of help!
    Thank you.
    Last edited by mhfein; 8 Jan 2009 at 04:44 PM.