Plugin Contributions

Default Blank pages when adding tot he cart and checkout?

Problem: When I add only one product to a Category. If I click on the category in the front end, I get a blank screen. Now if I add 2 products to a category, I can click on the category in the front end and it will bring me to my category listing with the 2 products.

If I were to add a product to the SHopping Cart, I get the blank screen again.

Now, if I click the back button, I can click on the Shopping Cart sidebox with the newly added product and get to my Shopping cart.

Now, if I were to click Checkout, I get the same blank page.

Is there a way to fix this? I am probably staring at the problem in my Admin settings somewhere and i am just grinding my wheels with an easy fix.

Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

To see this in action: Console-Mods

ZC Version: 1.3.8a
    pHp Version: 5.2.8
    MYSQL Version: 5.0.67

No upgrades, straight install to 1.3.8a

No addons.

Have only changed the CSS, and english.php (No bad syntax errors)

I have searched the FAQs for about 2 hours now trying to find the fix, so i wouldnt have to clutter up the boards, but this is my last hope.

I have also searched on the forums, but I am seeming to have no luck finding this answer. Sorry...

First Store: This was tested 3 times and payments went through if the product had no description or weight or anything, as if it were "air" I was selling.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank pages when adding tot he cart and checkout?

Could you make another category and add just one product to it so we can see this?

Right now, you have just the 1 Category with 2 Products in it ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

There you go. New category with 1 product. Sorry, forgot to include that! Thanks for your reply.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can also try the debug utility mentioned in step 2a of this article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

It does look like a bad file loading ... as it is suppose to jump right to the Product on a Category with 1 product based on the Skip Product Listing setting ...

And your site is not doing this ...

The debugger DrByte posted would be a help here ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

1) Ok, so i ran the Debug for the 1 product category and I got this:

Code:
    [07-Jan-2009 12:09:01] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/mysite/public_html/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in /home1/mysite/public_html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78
    [07-Jan-2009 12:09:03] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/mysite/public_html/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in /home1/mysite/public_html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44
    1401 has no code on the line.

Line 78= No code.

Line 44= No code.

2) For adding to the Shopping Cart
    &
    3) For the Checkout

They are the same debugging reports. Anyway to fix this? I think i see that it is getting lost in the mix, from one file to the other. Should I post the lines of code so that you could see?

Thanks for your help so far.

Plugin Contributions

It probably has space(s) or blank line(s) after the closing php bracket ?> at the end of the file ...

Try removing them ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Site fixed! thanks guys. Figured it out... there were 2 lines at the bottom of the /english.php, I deleted line 1400 and 1401. The cart is smokin' again!

Thanks for all your help and the debug tool. How I missed it, i have no clue!

Thanks again!

Edit: Just did Ajeh. Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that it was just spaces and blank lines issue on the bottom of a php file following the closing ?> php bracket ... hate those ...
    Linda McGrath