Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Help with where to fix open the includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php file and find th

I have looked through all the FAQ and they all keep "answering" my question to a degree, about changing banners and images and GREY words that Zen cart has on my site. The FAQ keep tell me to "open the includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php file and find the following code:" HOWEVER I do not know what that means. I do not how to open it, where to open it, etc. I am not a computer wiz, someone please help?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with where to fix open the includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php file and fin

You'll need to access the files on your server thru an FTP program.

Lots of folks here use FileZilla (it's free too!)

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with where to fix open the includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php file and fin

if you new to editing php stuff. i recommend using the following tools

for FTP you can use filezilla or if you have Firefox browser you can install fireFTP extension

for editing , you better off with program called notepad++

also to compare your php files if there are any mistakes you can use Winmerge

all those tools are provided for free but yet they must have tools if you need to work on your site.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to the two people who responded, PROBLEM is I do not know how to access my server and edit things. Is there more you can educate me on? I do use Firefox for my browser. Sorry for asking for so much help BUT I just have NO CLUE! LOL

Plugin Contributions

if your zencart is being hosted by hosting company , then they should have given you FTP information .. such as username and password to login .

also , those information might be available to you when you login to your control panel to manage your domain account.

there are other tools that you can use to download and upload files to your zencart and is also available in your control panel.

there are many control panels out there that hosting companies use , so is hard to say what is available to you for working with your account , but almost all , provide you with a tool to upload and download files and folders.

Plugin Contributions

I am with Advanced Network Hosting, do yo know them by chance? They are my server. I just wish someone could sit with me and show me what to do. Do you happen to know anyone in California LA area who might do that for a $100.00?

Plugin Contributions

I don't know that host..
    there is commercial help wanted section in this forum .

also , you should start to learn this stuff as will come in handy .

Question .. What are you trying to change in you language file ?

give me a link to your site please.

Plugin Contributions

I want to edit there because that is where the FAQ on zen cart tell me to go, only trouble is I do not know HOW to get there. If you look at my MAIN page you will see that ZEN CART'S logo is at the top left and the the phrase "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution." and the phrase "Sales Message Goes Here" are present and the FAQ says to go to: How do I change "Powered by Zen Cart" and add/position a new logo?
    Print
    Save to list
    Subscribe

CAPITALIZED words refer to a folder or language that you choose. We use CUSTOM for your template and ENGLISH for your language by default. These generic terms should be changed to the name of the template/language you are using.

By default Zen Cart uses logo.gif for the name of this image, but you can use you own filename for the logo.

Using an image editor, create your new logo and save it to includes/templates/CUSTOM/images/your_image_name.??? and upload it to your server.

After creating your logo you can adjust the height, width and logo name in includes/languages/ENGLISH/header.php

I just do not know how to do ANY OF THAT! AHHH this is so agrevating, Zen Cart I was told was easy!

MY MAIN PAGE IS: http://coolwatersprods.com/index.php?main_page=

Plugin Contributions

There is a steep learning curve with Zen Cart, but stick with it because it's the best out there!

Tina

Plugin Contributions

actually zencart is pretty easy to work with , problem i see for new comers is that they very excited to start online store and never end up following recommendations in FAQ and tutorial .

you can change your logo very easy .. just drop your new logo to
    includes/templates/classic/images folder. but make sure you name your logo logo.gif
    this will override the zencart logo

for those text , you need to modify two files,
    one index.php in your english folder and other one is

includes/languages/english/classic/header.php

you should have followed the override feature of zencart as it is recommended so changes to your site wont effect the core files and makes the upgrade to new zencart without problems .

PS : PM me if you need those modification done ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast