Plugin Contributions

Default Is Zen-Cart Section 508c Compliant?

Hi, I have used zen-cart a couple of times now and I really like it. I have another project for a government non-profit organization that requires section 508c compliance. I wanted to know if Zen-Cart was section 508c compliant or if there were things I would need to specially code to make it 508c compliant?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is Zen-Cart Section 508c Compliant?

You can test your website here:

powermapper.com/products/sortsite/ads/acc-section-508.htm?

Tina
    Last edited by Kim; 21 Jan 2009 at 09:48 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I have used zen-cart a couple of times now and I really like it. I have another project for a government non-profit organization that requires section 508c compliance. I wanted to know if Zen-Cart was section 508c compliant or if there were things I would need to specially code to make it 508c compliant?
    Out of the box with all features turned on it is not. You will need to test as you go along, though it should not be too bad to make adjustments.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thanks for the info, it is much appreciated. I took a look at the software listed and wasn't sure about it. I am new to the whole 508c compliance realm, is there someplace that guarantees compatibility, i would hate to screw this up?

The biggest issues when I run the free accessibility check at http://www.cynthiasays.com/ seems to be with the product images not having alt or longdesc attributes associated with them, and some of the sidebar inputs also not having alt or longdesc attributes associated with them.

There are just so many pages that people could possibly get to that it will be a pain to check them all, but it is what it is.

Plugin Contributions

Just in case you need the outline rule book on gov sites here is a link to it http://usability.gov/pdfs/guidelines_book.pdf
    Yes its about 300 pages and like all gov documents you need to be a phd to understand some of it. I hate making gov sites. If you can ask what test utility they are going to use so you can use the same one. They all seem to be a little different on what errors are.
    • 446F63746F722057686F •