Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

css problem Help with Main page

Hi. I have been customizing my site for a while now and although I have backed up the files I worked on, something might have happened that my text is not centered anymore.

I read the posts here and went to my stylesheet and typed center when appropriate in the text related areas of it.

You may take a look at how it looks now at http://wiz2biz.com

I don't know where else to look, have tried the Admin area, and the define pages editor is not helping.

I also notice that a new search box appeared on the left of my Main page and I have no clue how that happened or how to delete it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with Main page

Deleting the search box is easy :

Admin -> Tools -> Layout Boxes Controller.

Click on the line 'sideboxes/search_header.php'. Set 'left/right column status' to 'OFF'.

What's more worrying is to understand how this search box surfaced again. It looks like you have restored a previous backup of the DB, taken at a time when this search box was displayed in the header.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply. That helped. I was able to correct the position of the search boxes.

I am still unable to center the text on the main page. Any suggestions what might get that done?. I tried the stylesheet and centered the text there, but it is not showing even after refreshing the page. I don't know what else to do to center the text.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Find in stylesheet.css (line 272)

Add in part in red:

.centerColumn {
    background:#FFFFFF none repeat scroll 0%;
    font-size:1.2em;
    padding:0.8em 0.8em 40px;
    text-align:center;
    }

HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried going into admin-tools-define pages-main page and typing <center> at the beginning of the part you want centered? Remember to close it at the end </center>
    Posted via Mobile Device

Plugin Contributions

css problem Re: Help with Main page

Thanks for the help. I got to center the welcome text in the main page (you can see it at http://wiz2biz.com) but I have not been yet able to align the text on the side boxes as you can notice. Presently I am going down the stylesheet to see where I can find this option.

Something I noticed is that no text or html shows up in the page editor. I looked at the permissions to see if they were all set correctly and they are. I can type text and it shows up in the page I type in after I save it.

I am currently using the comstock template. My override folder looks like this at includes/templates/

classic
    comstock
    template_default

Each of these folders has a css stylesheet. So far I have been using the one in comstock, but afraid to delete the css in the other two folders just in case they mess up my site entirely. Any suggestions?. Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

if you mean your sidebox header text , then here is the code in CSS that you need to look for

.leftBoxHeading, .rightBoxHeading {stylesheet.css (line 313)
    background-image:url(../images/sidebox_header_bg.gif);
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    margin:0;
    padding:0.5em 0;
    text-align:center; // add this to align header text
    }

Plugin Contributions

Thanks tony_sar, you sent me in the right direction.

Although I was not able to do the complete centering with your code, I managed to get it done, by adding the align-text: center part in line 308 of my css stylesheet as displayed in bold text:

#navColumnOneWrapper, #navColumnTwoWrapper {
    margin: auto;
    font-size: .9em;
    text-align: center

Thanks you for the help. One less trouble on the way to setting up my website.

I hope to get more ice tea to start working on the real headache tomorrow which will be separating the login page the way it shows at my site so that current members don't have to see the long sign up form for new ones.

Also thanks to all those who help me here.

Plugin Contributions

Try Admin - Configuration - Layout Settings - Use split-login page and see if that gives you what you're looking for.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Stevesh. What I meant was customizing the Login window for current members so they did not have to see the long Sign Up form under their user and password options screen.
    I read a few options in the forum but still looking for one that matches the one I am looking for.

By the way, do you happen to know how I get to change the color of the word Login in the main page?. I have been experimenting with the stylesheet, but haven't yet found the code line that does the trick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast