Plugin Contributions

Default Customers and Orders

Hi,

I am looking at setting up Zen Cart however have a couple of specific requirements and was wondering if it were possible and if so how I could set it up.

Customers coming to the site would (1) register or (2) go the process of adding their children following by registering on the website. As the site is tailored for kids, I need the registration to be custom e.g. Child First/Last Name, Age, School, Class(which is populated based on the school selected). Parents can then add multiple kids if they have more than 1 child. Once added, they can select a range of products from 4 dropdown boxes for each child. The details of each selection for each respective child is shown below with the products selected, the cost and the total.

Is that possible?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers and Orders

You could have the product be a child's registration, with the information as text input or dropdown attributes as required, and other attributes consisting of the four "range" dropdowns with their prices. This would show in the shopping cart with all the info input, products selected and the total price. There would be one of these for each child, plus the overall total.

It would not be possible (without custom coding) to have the class attribute depend on the school selection.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. Would the cart be able to handle multiple kids under one login since a parent could have 3 children and will want to have specific products appear under the name of the child including the individual costs with the total appearing at the bottom.

How hard would be to custom code the selection of classes based on the school? How customizable are the other form fields?

Plugin Contributions

Yes, one parent (account) would be able to register as many children ("products") as they want. Each child's info and specific product attributes and the child's total (not the individual attribute costs) would display in the cart, along with the total for all.

Dependent attributes have been requested hundreds of times, and I have not seen an example of someone posting the code to do it. I presume it is an advanced bit of coding, and you would need to hire a professional to have it done for your situation.

All of the regular form fields (dropdowns, radiobuttons, checkboxes, text inputs) are fully customizable in admin as to function, and can be styled for appearance with CSS. There are tutorials on setting up attributes in the link at the top of this page.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, one parent (account) would be able to register as many children ("products") as they want. Each child's info and specific product attributes and the child's total (not the individual attribute costs) would display in the cart, along with the total for all.

Dependent attributes have been requested hundreds of times, and I have not seen an example of someone posting the code to do it. I presume it is an advanced bit of coding, and you would need to hire a professional to have it done for your situation.

All of the regular form fields (dropdowns, radiobuttons, checkboxes, text inputs) are fully customizable in admin as to function, and can be styled for appearance with CSS. There are tutorials on setting up attributes in the link at the top of this page.

Thanks. Just to clarify. How would an account (parent) be able to set up products (children) and the be able to order specific products (i.e. shoes, etc) for the children the parent has? Also can I specify the form fields I need for a registration page i.e. First Name, Last Name, Age, District, School, etc?

Plugin Contributions

OK, this sounds like you are wanting to set up ongoing registration for each child.

My original impression was that you wanted to (one time) buy one or more of a small number of products/services customized to the child. This is what the "child product" would handle, not a permanently stored registration. Attribute fields can easily be specified as to type and size, but these are not registration fields.

Additional input fields can be created for the customer account page and the database, but it requires considerable PHP/MySQL coding.