Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

Hi Andy,

Glad you like the module!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyCZ View Post
    Nevertheless I have a question, while going to EZ pages it's throwing
    two symbols "?&", see example:
    http://www.auto-moto-elektronika.cz/...bku?&chapter=1
    I'm afraid that any query string parameters added are the responsibility of Zen Cart. I can't replicate your problem, but I've seen other sites where "chapter=" has been added on and I don't know why Zen Cart does it.

I'm afraid my only solution is to ignore this, there's nothing I can do about it.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Version 2.0.2!

Hi Simon,

Quote Originally Posted by kitcorsa View Post
    ive just noticed that if you try to add a review to a product that has its url rewriten you just get an error message and cant be writen. page 404 error
    That doesn't happen here.. remember the module automatically adds URIs for products with "/add-a-review" as the last part for review pages.

Maybe you've got a problem in your database and the add-a-review URIs aren't linked properly? You'll ahve to manually check the database using PHPMyAdmin, looking to see if there are mappings in place for the product and "add-a-review". Then you should manually debug the reviews_write files to see why they aren't appearing.

That's not an easy process but I'm afraid it's what I'd have to do to find the source of this problem and fix it.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Loter View Post
    Can the uri mapper work with russian charset? I tried but russian symbols are transformed to integers(chars are multibyte, and they're transformed to &#4141 for example), any hints on that?
    The module has probably the most advanced transliteration capabilities I know of in an open source web project. The code took a full week to research and write and is based on code from other open source projects (as specified in the documentation and appropriate file headers in the code).. however I have not personally tested it against many languages so I don't know how capable it actually is.

It sounds like it can't cope with certain Russian multibyte characters? I find that strange as it copes with Japanese and Czech and Greek characters etc.

Unfortunately if it doesn't work for you there's nothing I can do at this time.. if you have experience in this area, place take a look at the code to see if there's anything I can change to adapt it for the problems you are having and I'll upgrade the code as appropriate.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

The module has probably the most advanced transliteration capabilities I know of in an open source web project. The code took a full week to research and write and is based on code from other open source projects (as specified in the documentation and appropriate file headers in the code).. however I have not personally tested it against many languages so I don't know how capable it actually is.

It sounds like it can't cope with certain Russian multibyte characters? I find that strange as it copes with Japanese and Czech and Greek characters etc.

Unfortunately if it doesn't work for you there's nothing I can do at this time.. if you have experience in this area, place take a look at the code to see if there's anything I can change to adapt it for the problems you are having and I'll upgrade the code as appropriate.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon
    Hi Conor, Loter,
    why not specify the rule, for example:
    A=>А, Б=>B, В=>V, Г=>G, Д=>D, Е=>Е, Ж=>ZH, З=?Z, ........
    As far as I know, Ultimate Ceo cannot hadle czech symbols, so there is rule added:
    Ě=>E,Š=>S,Č=>C,Ř=>R,Ž=>Z,Ý=>Y,Á=>A,Í=>I,É=>E,Ú=>U,Ů=>U,ě=>e,š=>s,č=>c,ř=>r,ž =>z, ý=>y,á=>a,í=>i,é=>e,ú=>u,ů=>u,ň=>n,ť=>t,´=>

and it is working OK.

Conor, thanks for you reply and feedback regarding my post.

Regards,
    Andy

Plugin Contributions

I'll post my successes.. I already reinstalled my test zc with full utf-8 support( I had some troubles switching to Russian in admin). I will install back uri mapper and will make some tests again.. transliteration is actually a good idea, but my opinion is that it's better to keep the url chars in the language of the site( for example is it was entered Shirt(for english name) and Red-Shirt(for english uri), it's better to have Russian words in urls, they're better understood by search engines(so the uri for russian Red-Shirt would be Красная-Рубашка , as an example). :) I'll check if it's going to work, if no then maybe I'll find a way of changing the code to keep it exactly as it was entered in uri field.

thanks for reply.

Stow on the Wold, in the Cotswolds - England
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Auto Generated Mapping - can I change the order?

I have just installed ceon URI mapping on a new site and have found it excellent, a really nice piece of work, thanks very much.

The automatic URI generation seems to work very well but it seems to always generate /category/product-name is it possible to change something so that it generates /manufacturer/product-name instead?

I have had a search around this forum and in the configuration options for ceon but I can't find anything. I apologise if I am just being stupid and have missed the obvious answer.

Thanks again
    Mark
    [FONT="Verdana"]cotsweb.com[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

HI,

Quote Originally Posted by AndyCZ View Post
    why not specify the rule
    If you look at the source code for the module you'll see that the transliteration library converts from Unicode numbers to the equivalent ascii character combinations, in a manner similar to that you've described. It just needs the input charset to be UTF-8.

Thanks for the post though! :)

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Loter View Post
    it's better to have Russian words in url.
    URIs aren't allowed to have russian characters. They can only have a-z, 0-9 and a few other characters (+, /, ., -, _). That's the reason for the transliteration support in the module.

You may be able to use russian characters in your browser but you are not using a WWW browser then, the "WWW" doesn't support anything but english characters in URIs.. sad but true!

That will change in the future with internationalised URIs but WWW URIs currently only support a limited set of characters and the module is built for that.

If you want russian characters I'm afraid this software is NOT for you!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone ever run into an issue with the Product Index pages not working properly with the Ceon URI on?

When it is turned on, I cannont add to cart any product from these pages. I can also not use the Next|2|3|4|Previous links on the page. It just refreshes the original starting page.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by jeskremer View Post
    When it is turned on, I cannont add to cart any product from these pages. I can also not use the Next|2|3|4|Previous links on the page. It just refreshes the original starting page.
    That sounds like a redirect from an "old" dynamic URI to a new static one.. breaking any "post" between one page and the next.

That could be caused by you nhot having modified the includes/functions/html_output.php with the code from URI Mapping or by you using hard-coded URIs in your template for your product index pages.. in which case you should edit the links to use any new URIs or to use the standard zen_href_link function.

Hope that helps you get this sorted.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon