Page 11 of 291 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by HPG09 View Post
    Why not just restore the backup you took before installation?
    lol You're probably not surprised to hear that most people don't backup before installing.. I have to admit that sometimes I have to catch myself on after "awk, I couldn't be bothered..." crossed my mind :)

All the best...

Conor

Plugin Contributions

Installed 3.0.2 - upgrading to 3.2.0 - How do I upgrade the database? Simply going to Admin/modules/Ceon URI Mapping (SEO) Config doesn't upgrade the database. Unless, of course, I have missed something.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Marg View Post
    Installed 3.0.2 - upgrading to 3.2.0 - How do I upgrade the database? Simply going to Admin/modules/Ceon URI Mapping (SEO) Config doesn't upgrade the database. Unless, of course, I have missed something.
    It should do. Are you sure you've copied all the files across? Including the auto_upgrade.php script?

If you are then please use this link to send me some admin and FTP details and I'll take a look.

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

ceon_uri_mapping_auto_upgrade.php

I assume this is the file you are referring to. Yes, that's there and I have checked all the files several times.

I manually added the query_string_parameters
    but need to know what else needs be done.

The line:
    } else if (substr($version, 0, 3) == '3.0') {

If I change the above to 3.0.2 - will it do the necessary upgrade?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I manually added the query_string_parameters
    but need to know what else needs be done.
    If you haven't previously entered any alternative URIs in the database beginning with "index.php?main_page=" then you're done.

The line:
    } else if (substr($version, 0, 3) == '3.0') {

If I change the above to 3.0.2 - will it do the necessary upgrade?
    No, it already matches that (look up the substr function on php.net if you'd like to see how/why).

Please don't go changing any code, I can't support modified versions of the module (without charging for the support).

It looks like you should be fine now anyway.. I don't know what you did wrong as you didn't give me the necessary access but if the version in the admin is reported as 3.2.0 then you've made all the necessary database changes and I'd imagine everything is now working for you!

Thanks for letting me know that, as expected, the new example rewrite rules included with 3.2.0 work just fine with Google Sitemaps! :)

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

Conor,
    I just wanted to take a moment to say, you are a god among men!

Thank you for taking the time to make this!

I might be overwhelmed with joy to actually see this work as it is so far on my test site. I've tried Magic SEO for a friend's site that I developed, I've seen Ultimate SEO and others in action, but hands-down this appears to be exactly what I was looking for in terms of functionality.

So, thank you once again!

Plugin Contributions

Alright, first question for you:

Is it a known bug for Ceon URI Mapping to alter/cause conflict with the "zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT)" in Zen Cart?

From what I understand, FILENAME_DEFAULT alone normally returns the root directory of the site. For example, its used in the default email template for when a new client registers on the site. (See line 30 of email_extras.php in the languages folder).

However, I notice that the zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) now returns the web address to the latest entry in the zen_ceon_url_mappings table in the database.

For example, this is the steps I took to find the bug:
    - I have a fresh install of Zen Cart + Ceon URI Mapping
    - I've added a new category, and then a product in that category. I've assigned each of them an auto-generated URI.
    - Now, just by luck, I notice that the 'Home' link in the site's Breadcrums, the Home link in the default footer AND the Home link in the Welcome email sent to new customers all point to the latest product I made an auto-generated URI for.

Does this happen for you? Or is this just a problem on my end?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by stealthify View Post
    Does this happen for you? Or is this just a problem on my end?
    I'm guessing you're running 3.0.2 from the downloads area? (I think the Zen Cart team is a bit too busy with 2.0.0 to update the downloads area at the minute - maybe they'll upload 3.2.1 when I submit it to them later today).

That problem was fixed in 3.2.0...

http://dev.ceon.net/web/zen-cart/uri_mapping/downloads

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the nice comments about the module... I hope it does indeed work as you expect.

3.2.1 should be out later today, please upgrade to it when it is as it fixes a bug with the page_not_found feature of Zen Cart.

Upgrading should only take a few minutes, make sure you read the upgrading instructions that come with the module though!

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

That did the trick! You were correct, I did download the 3.0.2 version.

Upgrade went smoothly, and the zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) has been fixed!

Also, the new instructions look superb.

One last question - tomorrow my project is to get the zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US), FILENAME_CONDITIONS, etc all pointed to easier to read URI's (like mydomain.com/contact_us, mydomain.com/conditions).

I worked with it for a few hours earlier today on 3.0.2 with phpMyAdmin, but wasn't having much luck getting the zen_href_link's to properly link to the new URI's generated by Ceon. I could manually go to mydomain.com/contact_us and have it correctly display the built-in "index.php?main_page=contact_us" page, but if there's a link on my Zen Cart (such as the ones in the Information Sidebox), it doesn't seem to want to automatically generate the new URI's.

I'll find out more tomorrow as I see this section of the instructions are a lot more detailed than they were, but since I hadn't seen this example mentioned yet: is it true that Ceon URI Mapping can work with these other zen_href_link() links?

Thanks again Conor! Looking forward to 3.2.1

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

That did the trick! You were correct, I did download the 3.0.2 version.
    Thought it would. :)

Also, the new instructions look superb.
    Thanks for saying so.. they took over 6 hours to write so I'm glad someone said that! :)

"index.php?main_page=contact_us" page, but if there's a link on my Zen Cart (such as the ones in the Information Sidebox), it doesn't seem to want to automatically generate the new URI's.
    I don't know what you're doing wrong, maybe you're using "alternate_uri", the "old" way of doing things? Or maybe you forgot to enter "1" for the current_uri status field.

Adding what you asked is easily done:

In PHPMyAdmin add a record to the ceon_uri_mappings table with:

uri: /contact_us (actually, I'm recommending dashes in future as of 3.2.1 so I'd use /contact-us).

language_id: 1 (one for each language your store uses).

current_uri: 1

main_page: contact_us

date_added: select NOW()

All other values are left as null.

That's it, that will definitely work. (Unless you've got existing records, you should delete those if you're not changing them as above).

Thanks again Conor! Looking forward to 3.2.1
    Might not be out until tomorrow as I've been sitting all day fiddling with colours on a new website design for a client. :)

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Page 11 of 291 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast