Page 182 of 291 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2907
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by paintamonkey View Post
    Ok. Thanks for getting back so fast I'll read the instructions again hand have yet another fiddle. The .htaccess file is in the testsite2 folder next to index.php, includes etc... testsite2 has one product uploaded. All configure files and htaccess along with the product will have 'testsite2' renamed 'shop.' that was the plan anyway
    Well that all sounds okay (apart from the wasted effort renaming testsite2 to shop, I'd highly recommend you put test sites in a subdomain in future).. if it still isn't working please send me FTP and admin details and I'll have a look.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

If you're installing a "fresh" version of Ceon URI Mapping then there a re a few changed files needed to 1.3.9e, I'll try and get the new version with those files out shortly, I've very little time at the minute so I can't say when I'll get a chance. As for Advanced Shipper, it is compatible with all Zen Cart versions as it doesn't use any modified core files.

If you've any other questions please ask me directly, I know you have my address! :)

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Thanks for the reply!
    I did try to contact you using the ceon contact us.

Regards

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    Thanks for the reply!
    I did try to contact you using the ceon contact us.
    Strange, I've never heard of anyone not being able to get in contact that way before!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

I'm having issues with Ceon Uri Mapping interfering with my other add-in that allows a user to upload an additional files for the products.
    by aetas Created by Mariusz Józala ( http://zencart.aetas.pl ), does anybody have any advice how both add-ins can live and play with each other nicely?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Dean44 View Post
    I'm having issues with Ceon Uri Mapping interfering with my other add-in that allows a user to upload an additional files for the products.
    by aetas Created by Mariusz Józala ( http://zencart.aetas.pl ), does anybody have any advice how both add-ins can live and play with each other nicely?

Ceon URI Mappings causes NO problems whatsoever with ANY Zen Cart module, if you take the steps listed in the documentation.

Read the sections of the documentation

"Ensuring 100% Compatibility with Third Party Zen Cart Modules - Specifying Individual Files to be Excluded from URI Mapping"

and

"Adding exceptions to the rule to prevent particular addresses (e.g. Control Panels etc.) from being handled by Zen Cart."

And you shall be able to work out how to prevent Ceon URI Mapping from affecting any other Zen Cart module.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

I'm afraid I'm having problems understanding how the information you are pointing me to has any relevance on what I'm trying to fix. For example, when I copy the update_product.php file into the admin/includes/modules/products/update_product.php

This file only contains default update product but not the additional information added in this source code made by the additional files add-in.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/images/smilies/cry.gif

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Dean44 View Post
    I'm afraid I'm having problems understanding how the information you are pointing me to has any relevance on what I'm trying to fix. For example, when I copy the update_product.php file into the admin/includes/modules/products/update_product.php

This file only contains default update product but not the additional information added in this source code made by the additional files add-in.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/images/smilies/cry.gif
    Oh, right, I get it.. you are trying to use two modules which both modify the same file(s).

You must merge the files which both modules need to have modified. (Read the FAQs in the docs for a little bit more info).

Beyond Compare is the best software to do this on Windoze. WinMerge is a free, but inferior alternative.

If you are having a lot of difficulty merging the files yourself you will have to pay someone else to do this for you.

That should get you going!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

Well that all sounds okay (apart from the wasted effort renaming testsite2 to shop, I'd highly recommend you put test sites in a subdomain in future).. if it still isn't working please send me FTP and admin details and I'll have a look.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon
    Hi. Thanks for the friendly offer to look at things. I've decided to use something else. But may have another go with this at a later date.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by paintamonkey View Post
    Hi. Thanks for the friendly offer to look at things. I've decided to use something else. But may have another go with this at a later date.
    That's fair enough.. although if you can't get the rewrite rule to work with Ceon URI Mapping you'll probably have the same problem with any other software that uses one, several thousand sites are using the example rule you posted with no difficulty so this a problem with your server being different or something not being in the right place! :)

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hello Conor, I have 10,000 products. Is there any other way to activate this mod for each product instead of going in one by one to activate it?