Page 183 of 291 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2907
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

need help, I can't get ez-page work, edited contact us page, checked the checkbox on the bottom, click "update". check back this page and the uri mapping show "/contact-us".

however in the site, the "about us" link in the footer and information sidebox still show "index.php?main_page=contact_us".

is there anything I missed?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by fei2010 View Post
    need help, I can't get ez-page work, edited contact us page, checked the checkbox on the bottom, click "update". check back this page and the uri mapping show "/contact-us".

however in the site, the "about us" link in the footer and information sidebox still show "index.php?main_page=contact_us".

is there anything I missed?
    That link is to the contact us page, not to an EZ-Page.. you either need to change the link to link to the page you want, or if you want to map the contact us page to /contact-us, you need to read the section of the documentation "adding a URI for "other" Zen Cart pages" and add a record to the database table using PHPMyAdmin with the main_page variable being contact_us

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

I see. I have to treat it as "other Zen Cart page". Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

hey i noticed when i did a quick google search for one of my products. it came up twice on the first page.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=Apeman...GLL_en___CA388

you can see the 2nd and 3rd listings are the same should i be worried of google having duplicate content as when i click on the first old link it brings me to and when i click on the second link it brings me to
    www.gorillagear.ca = zencart v1.3.9h with 40+ mods

Plugin Contributions

Hi, you'll probably find that over time the old style; index.php?product - etc urls will disappear.

When I first installed Ceon, for a couple of weeks google would show both the old and the new urls.

Also, you can edit a robots.txt file to avoid google spidering lots of duplicate pages. For example; a 'tell a friend' page linking to the same product.

Cheers,

Scott.
    Donation made. Enjoy those donuts! :-)

Plugin Contributions

thanks i'll take a peek at that next week
    www.gorillagear.ca = zencart v1.3.9h with 40+ mods

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

It features "auto-generation" so it's ideally placed for new stores.. by default a full URI will be auto-generated for a new product/category/EZ-page.

It will also be auto-generated if you are editing a product/category/EZ-page which doesn't yet have a URI mapping.

Instead of generating a URI when the customer looks at a product/category/EZ-Page, the store admin user(s) create the URI when adding/editing products/categories/EZ-pages...

so it is automatic, but in a "different" way. :)

I just took a look at the website for that module and its code and it seems to be a good module also.. however it adds product IDs etc. by default which I find ugly. The new alias feature is great but that didn't exist when I wrote this module and it requires more work for the admin user(s) than the auto-generation features of this new module (for products/categories and EZ-pages but not for other pages, it's easier for them!).

As yellow says, it does no harm to have a choice! (Thanks for the nice comment yellow1912) :)

Hope that makes things clearer still!

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon
    good afternoon all,
    I just loaded this module last night and it works great, thank you for the work you put in.

I have one small issue with it, related to the auto generation of the URI. When I check the box on a product to have it auto generate, then go to the store it works perfectly; however, if I log out of the admin side and go back in, the selection for the auto generation is not ticked, meaning it doesn't seem to save my selection. Have you seen that before, or is there something you can point me to in order to check that?

Thanks again for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Weird username you have there! :)

Glad you like the software.

Quote Originally Posted by red zeppelin View Post
    if I log out of the admin side and go back in, the selection for the auto generation is not ticked, meaning it doesn't seem to save my selection.
    Once you've auto-generated the URI once, the URI that was auto-generated is stored in the database and displayed in the URI Mapping field on the product page. The checkbox should only ever be ticked if you want to *re-run* the autogeneration. If you leave it unticked, the product will continue to have the URI mapping which was generated previously for it.

So basically, everything's working fine for you and you have nothing to do!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Conor,
    thanks for the update. I guess I am a bit confused based on your description. If I use the URI that was generated, it still works, but the link on the product itself from within the site, still includes the querystring information. Basically, the shortened URI works if I put it directly in a browser, but the product does not link to that itself from inside the site.

Not sure if that makes sense. If it does, is that how the module is supposed to work? I thought the mod_rewrite basically changed the URL, or at least redirected to it automatically so you would never see the URL with the querystrings after it was set up.

Sorry for the long, probably confusing note!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by red zeppelin View Post
    thanks for the update. I guess I am a bit confused based on your description. If I use the URI that was generated, it still works, but the link on the product itself from within the site, still includes the querystring information. Basically, the shortened URI works if I put it directly in a browser, but the product does not link to that itself from inside the site.
    Okay, that is a completey different problem from the one you originally described.

You have forgotten to upload the modified core files for the store's side (specifically at least includes/functions/html_output.php has not been modified).

To be safe, please carry out the installation from the very start again, making sure you have uploaded and compared/merged each file listed in the installation instructions.

You'll then find things working as you expected.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon