Page 272 of 291 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2907
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

Hi Brian,

Quote Originally Posted by webboy View Post
    ... but all I get is the result described above. I'm not any sort of expert when it comes to htaccess, although I've used them at a basic level a lot, so it may be an obvious answer. I think i've narrowed it down to something in the last line and possibly an error in how the query string is being handled. If that was the case, then it would make sense that it's loading the content from index.php rather than the full category querystring URL, which in this case would be: index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1013_1194

Can anyone help with this at all?
    Are you sure you're using mod_rewrite?

And not some other web server with a different rewrite module? There can be incompatibilities between them.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by bunker0 View Post
    AHm... dont have Ultimate SEO URLS installed.. I do have Multi-Language EZ-Pages... but Ive merged the code the best I can...

Just please point me in the right direction.... In what funtion or file are the urls generated for ezpages? Where is the query made?
    This must be to do with the multilanguage mods you've made then.

Ceon URI Mapping 4.0.0 will be coming with premodified files for this module (don't know why it was never made part of Zen Cart but ho hum).

As that is the case and this issue isn't critical I'm going to have to say to you to wait for the new version.

Better that I work on it, rather than spend time helping individuals.

Hoping to have the new version out this month, time and health permitting.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Are you sure you're using mod_rewrite?

And not some other web server with a different rewrite module? There can be incompatibilities between them.
    I've asked about mod_rewrite a couple of times and they've never actually confirmed whether it is or isn't working. The latest input from the host as a sample URL rewrite was ...

RewriteRule something http://www.ClientsDomain.com/index.p...Path=1026_1159 [R=301]

... which does work. Meaning when i go to www.ClientsDomain.com/something, it loads the content from the querystring URL but keeps the friendly version.

Not sure if it helps or not, but the host is JSWeb.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Not sure if it helps or not, but the host is JSWeb.
    I thought maybe you wrre using a windows server or something (i.e. not Apache).

I've experience with JSWeb before. Their servers work perfectly with Ceon URI Mapping.

So I'm afraid this problem isn't to do with that. I don't know what's wrong on your site, you must have installed something wrongly?

Try installing the module again, from scratch.

Sorry I can't be more help than that.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

So I'm afraid this problem isn't to do with that. I don't know what's wrong on your site, you must have installed something wrongly?
    ceon
    hmmm. OK. I was pretty particular when I was doing the install knowing that if I missed anything then i'd need to redo it all again (which I like to try and avoid if possible). Everything about it seems to be working from an admin point of view (i.e. it's in the menu, the Ceon option shows up at all expected levels, the manual and auto options both work and so on.)

When you say that it works fine with JSweb, is that when using the .htaccess content pulled directly from the configuration page?

I'll take a look at the install tonight / tomorrow and see what's what with it.

cheers

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

hmmm. OK. I was pretty particular when I was doing the install knowing that if I missed anything then i'd need to redo it all again (which I like to try and avoid if possible).
    That's what we all aim for of course! :) Unfortunately it appears this didn't happen for you this time round.

When you say that it works fine with JSweb, is that when using the .htaccess content pulled directly from the configuration page?
    Yes.

I'll take a look at the install tonight / tomorrow and see what's what with it.
    I'd imagine you'll find a mistake you made in the installation.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

This is because Ceon URI Mapping sees index.php, index.php?main_page=index and / all as the same (which is a good thing ;) ).

You basically want to temporarily have '/' as '/index.html' but '/' is currently assigned to '/index.php'.

You should be able to have /index.html take control of / by adding the following to the rewrite rule:

Code:
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/$
    This stops / being rewritten and passed on to /index.php

All the best..

Conor
    ceon
    Hi :-)

Thanks for your always helpful and patient replies. I'll give that a try.

Plugin Contributions

I'd imagine you'll find a mistake you made in the installation.
    Cool, no worries. I'll go through it all tomorrow and see where I get.

I have this mod installed on one site and it works great.

I recently tried to install it on http://www.buyorpheklights.com and I don't think its working.

I uploaded all of the contents from "files" into the zencart install directory

then I uploaded all the files from the modified_core_files directory 1.3.9d directory. I have 1.3.9h

then I uploaded the ones from the template_override_files and i made sure to change the folder name to the name of the template i was using.

The problem is that when I go back to the zen-cart admin area there is no CEON URI Mapping located under any of the menus. i thought it was under Config -> Ceon but there isn't anything there. Nor is there anything under Modules -> Ceon

Did I do something wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by CheapStairParts View Post
    The problem is that when I go back to the zen-cart admin area there is no CEON URI Mapping located under any of the menus. i thought it was under Config -> Ceon but there isn't anything there. Nor is there anything under Modules -> Ceon

Did I do something wrong?
    It sounds like you might have uploaded the files for the "admin" folder to the wrong folder.

Make sure you upload them to whatever the admin folder is called on this other site. Then the options for Ceon URI Mapping should appear.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon