Page 245 of 291 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2907
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

Download version 3.8.0 and use the files for 1.3.9d.. they're practically identical.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon
    Thanx for info Conor.

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you have either forgotten to modify includes/functions/html_output.php or have something wrong with your .htaccess which is conflicting.
    ceon
    Alright, I checked the html_output.php and it shows the ceon uri code in it, I don't see a modified html_output.php.

I merged the .htaccess with the existing one in the main directory of my shop, and it has the following in it:
    (Sorry I am not experienced with any kind of code but I think I've followed all the directions in the docs.) THANKS!

# This is used with Apache WebServers
    # The following blocks direct HTTP requests in this directory recursively
    #
    # For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Limit' to the AllowOverride configuration
    #
    # Example:
    #
    #<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
    # AllowOverride Limit
    #
    # 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in your apache/conf/httpd.conf file)
    #
    # This does not affect PHP include/require functions
    #
    # Example: http://server/catalog/includes/application_top.php will not work
    <Files *.php>
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    </Files>

RewriteEngine On

# ONLY rewrite URIs beginning with /shop/
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/shop/ [NC]
    # Don't rewrite any URIs ending with a file extension (ending with .[xxxxx])
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.[a-z]{2,5}$ [NC]
    # Don't rewrite admin directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/shop/admin [NC]
    # Don't rewrite editors directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/shop/editors [NC]
    # Don't rewrite cPanel directories
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/cpanel [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/frontend [NC]
    # Handle all other URIs using Zen Cart (index.php)
    RewriteRule .* index.php?%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

Plugin Contributions

First I would like to say thank you to Ceon for this great module !!

I am having an issue trying to get this module to correctly map the main_page=advanced_search_result, I have managed to correctly map many urls manually through the phpmyadmin tables but this one eludes me.

After inserting a new entry into the ceon_uri_mappings table my settings are as follows:
    uri: /advanced-search-result
    language id: 1
    current_uri: 1
    main_page: advanced_search_result
    and the rest as default

The advanced_search uri is mapping correctly, but this one (for the search results) shows a uri as DOMAIN.co.uk/advanced-search-result?main_page=advanced_search_result&keyword=ceon&categories_id=&inc_subcat=1 &manufact...

Obviously the result I want is:
    DOMAIN.co.uk/advanced-search-result?keyword=ceon&categories_id=&inc_subcat=1&manufact...

Which does actually work when I manually type it in the address bar, but after using the search function on the website it shows the incorrect mapping.

Thank you to anyone who assists me. :)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Connor,
    I found suddenly a problem that I think is related to Ceon URI mapping and would explain why my bouncing rate is growing up day by day.
    The ez pages are not shown,
    Clicking on a ez page this is what you get
    1146 Table 'acquatua_zenen.ezpages_content' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select e.pages_id, e.page_open_new_window, e.page_is_ssl, e.alt_url, e.alt_url_external, e.header_sort_order, e.sidebox_sort_order, e.footer_sort_order, e.toc_sort_order, e.toc_chapter, e.status_header, e.status_sidebox, e.status_footer, status_toc, et.pages_title, et.pages_html_text from ezpages e, ezpages_content et where e.pages_id = et.pages_id and et.languages_id = '2' and e.pages_id = 10]

I do not know since when this happens and I am not sure why it happens. I am sure the ez pages did work before Ceon URI mapping.
    My best guess is that something went wrong when the URI mapping created the db tables, but I can not be sure because I do not know the structure of the db.
    The ez pages are there in the admin section and I can see and mod them.
    I am runnig 1.39h and Ceon 3.8.0
    If you want to watch my site is www. a c q u a t u a.it
    Please help, the ezpages are important for my site.
    Thanks
    enzo

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyNG2 View Post
    The advanced_search uri is mapping correctly, but this one (for the search results) shows a uri as DOMAIN.co.uk/advanced-search-result?main_page=advanced_search_result&keyword=ceon&categories_id=&inc_subcat=1 &manufact..
    You have indeed set up the mapping correctly.

However, the problem is not with Ceon URI Mapping but Zen Cart.

The page you are talking about is building a URI by sending data via a form's GET method. It is appending the main_page=advanced_search_result.

You have to modify the code in the template, Ceon URI Mapping can do nothing for you here.

Remove the "main_page" input variable from the source code.

Or just don't worry about this at all as search forms which append parameters aren't that unusual to people and aren't indexed by Google because the canonical URI for the page is /advanced-search-result

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi Enzo,

Quote Originally Posted by enzo-ita View Post
    1146 Table 'acquatua_zenen.ezpages_content' doesn't exist
    in:
    That's nothing to do with Ceon URI Mapping. It doesn't create any EZ-Page tables.. I have no idea what the ezpages_content table is but it must be from a mod you installed.. it's not part of the standard Zen Cart either.

Good luck in finding the solution.. I suggest you start another thread on the forum if you can't fix this yourself.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Cheers Conor, I will just figure out where the main_page variable is in the source code and remove it, thanks for your help :)

Hi,

You have indeed set up the mapping correctly.

However, the problem is not with Ceon URI Mapping but Zen Cart.

The page you are talking about is building a URI by sending data via a form's GET method. It is appending the main_page=advanced_search_result.

You have to modify the code in the template, Ceon URI Mapping can do nothing for you here.

Remove the "main_page" input variable from the source code.

Or just don't worry about this at all as search forms which append parameters aren't that unusual to people and aren't indexed by Google because the canonical URI for the page is /advanced-search-result

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyNG2 View Post
    Cheers Conor, I will just figure out where the main_page variable is in the source code and remove it, thanks for your help :)
    I searched the templates folder and can see that the following:

PHP Code:
    zen_draw_hidden_field('main_page' 
    is in the files

/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_advanced_search_default.php
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_gv_faq_default.php
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_index_product_list.php
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_listing_display_order.php

Hope that helps.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

ok ive sorted out the white page issue, and have upgraded again to 3.8.0 but when I turn URI on and access a product i get

Not Found

The requested URL /mice/genius-mouse-traveler-515-laser-usb-ret was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have debugging on and no errors are reported.

Plugin Contributions

1.3.9h
    I've installed Categories Dressing (not fully configured), additional product images, ultimate cross-sell, and javascript snow.
    I am unsure of what template I am exactly using: whether it be "template_default", "your_template", or "classic."
    http://www.akihabaracosplay.com
    I use Hosting Duo and CPanel, I upload files with FileZilla.

Hi, Conor!
    I've yet to see this add on work, but that's because I'm really lost. I have no idea what httpd.conf is or where I can even find it. How do I change this? I've searched all over Google and I just don't get it...how am I supposed to change my rewrite settings?

Setting up a Rewrite Rule

The URI mapping provided by this module is made possible using a very simple URI rewriting rule.

This rule must be added to the webserver configuration for the site.

For the Apache webserver, this rule can either be put in the VirtualHost directive for the site or within a .htaccess file (if the appropriate security settings allow its use within .htaccess files).

Please Note: If putting this rule in a VirtualHost directive, the RewriteRule will need to have the relative path to the Zen Cart directory prepended to index.php.

Details of how to enable mod_rewrite or how to add this rule to the Apache configuration will not be given here, please consult the Apache documentation or search the internet for a guide, there are plenty of them.

If an error is encountered, please consult the FAQs for possible fixes or ask your webhost for help. Only after trying those two options should you post to the forum as the problem is likely to be server-specific and therefore of no general interest to everyone else who needs to use the support thread!
    Thanks,
    Indi
    http://www.akihabaracosplay.com
    Imported Cosplay, Fashion, and Souveniers straight from Japan!