Page 2 of 291 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Version 2.0.2!

Could you provide please the instalation insctucions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Version 2.0.2!

Hello Conor,

I just sent you a PM. Can you check please Hope you can help me. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

Conor

I have tried installing and I think my error is with the .htaccess file.

can you give and example of what it should look like.

I am getting an error on my localhost test server which gives the: URL website/website/pagename/product as being not found.

it appears to be repeating the website name and I am sure this is a sall tek in a setting some where to cure it.

Thanks

MG

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mikey,

How are you? (Been a while! :) )

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    I have tried installing and I think my error is with the .htaccess file.

can you give and example of what it should look like.
    The installation documentation contains several complete examples of what the .htaccess file should look like, one for stores that use don't a prefix and one for those that do.

This is very much a personal server issue so please don't reply to this thread, e-mail (not PM ;) ) me privately and I'll see if I can help!

All the best..

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Just installed this module, and getting a problem with my Ajax categories menu. The links are not expanding the tree except for the parent categories of the current subcategory you are viewing.

You can see the live version here: Macdonald Sporrans.

I've not added any custom URI's yet, just finished a clean install.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Please disregard the link on the previous post, i've had to change back to the standard ZC category menu at the moment due to the problem.

I'd be grateful for some help on this problem, and can turn on the Ajax categories menu at any time (preferably for as short a time as possible to allow for testing).

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by fergusmacdonald View Post
    I'd be grateful for some help on this problem, and can turn on the Ajax categories menu at any time (preferably for as short a time as possible to allow for testing).
    I'm not familiar with that module but I took a look at its source and can't see anything that would clash with the Ceon URI Mapping module.. the only functionality the Ceon URI Mapping module modifies on the catalog side is the zen_href_link function, so I was looking to see if the fact that it doesn't use cPath in the URIs would somehow cause this AJAX Category module to fail but, after looking at the source, I can't see how it could.

Maybe you didn't install things properly? You might have a modified html_output.php file which you need to simply copy the Ceon URI Mapping code across to, rather than overwriting this file with the sample html_output.php file supplied in the distribution?

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

I'm not familiar with that module but I took a look at its source and can't see anything that would clash with the Ceon URI Mapping module.. the only functionality the Ceon URI Mapping module modifies on the catalog side is the zen_href_link function, so I was looking to see if the fact that it doesn't use cPath in the URIs would somehow cause this AJAX Category module to fail but, after looking at the source, I can't see how it could.

Maybe you didn't install things properly? You might have a modified html_output.php file which you need to simply copy the Ceon URI Mapping code across to, rather than overwriting this file with the sample html_output.php file supplied in the distribution?

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon
    Hi Conor,

Thanks for getting back to me. I checked my html_output.php file against a fresh download of ZC and they were identical. Not sure where this error is coming from...will try SSU instead as i really like the Ajax categories menu.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Fergus,

Quote Originally Posted by fergusmacdonald View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me. I checked my html_output.php file against a fresh download of ZC and they were identical. Not sure where this error is coming from...will try SSU instead as i really like the Ajax categories menu.
    No problem.

I don't see how the module could break any other modules, it's specifically designed to be "invisible" to other modules so I'm inclined to think there's a bug in the Ajax module (possibly something to do with it requiring "cPath" to be in the URI so it won't work with other SEO modules I'd imagine) or you configured something wrong. It's probably simple to fix but of course you are free to use whatever modules you like!

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

Conor,
    This was timely, as I'm down to the last few items before replacing my legacy site with my new zencart site.

I was able to get the Ceon Mapping installed and up very quickly. One question. My situation is different than most, as it's a shopping cart integration for an existing site that has excellent seo. So most of my pages need to be named the same as the existing site so I don't have broken links and maintain the placement. So far so good.

How do I specify an alternate url for the index page?

The legacy site was html, so I specified html/htm suffixes for the new site. Will that cause a problem (being that they are php?)

We didn't have a shopping cart or an account function before, so I don't see any reason to translate those. Is that short-sighted?

Again, the whole idea is to maintain the excellent seo placement and not have broken links.

Thanks again for a great product!

JR

Page 2 of 291 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast