Page 4 of 291 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

I just installed this module (3.0.1) on 1.3.8a and it works 100% fine, thanks Conor. Uploaded the core files, uploaded the version specific files, looked under 'modules' and voila.

The htaccess I populated with your supplied example, no problems on my Plesk server.

Total time: a couple of minutes - the uploading will take the most time, it really is that simple.

One question though: I think I've found how to link the contact_us page etc in the database, but what do I put in the "associated_db_id" column for it (same for my about_us, privacy etc pages)?

Looking forward to the URI manager...

Once again, thanks Conor.
    Last edited by sean046; 20 Feb 2009 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Added module version

If I'm trying to unblock my /gallery and /blog directories, does the following look correct for the .htaccess file:

# Don't rewrite gallery and blog directories
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/gallery.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/blog.* [NC]

If this is correct, it's not working. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by sean046 View Post
    If I'm trying to unblock my /gallery and /blog directories...
    Sorted. I'd restarted Apache but hadn't cleared my cache, oops, my bad. Working 100% again.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Sean,

Glad you like the module! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by sean046 View Post
    what do I put in the "associated_db_id" column for it (same for my about_us, privacy etc pages)?
    You don't put anything in that column, it's only used by product, category and EZ-Page pages.

So that's you sorted! :)

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Thanks Conor.

Any idea when the URI Mappings Manager will be available? I know that it will be (well, I'm sure that it will be) a commercial module, but it is related to the module in question.

Plugin Contributions

Default Ceon URI Mapping (SEO) Version 3.0.2

Hi,

A few minor bugs have been found and fixed. Upgrading isn't necessary if things are working for you as it is but it's still a good idea. It shouldn't take very long.

From the Revision History:

[BUGFIX] Format specifier for seconds part of date component was the wrong case, causing an illegal time to be generated. This caused an SQL error in stricter versions of MySQL.
    [BUGFIX] Documentation regarding example rewrite rules updated to include a rule exclusion for the editors directory. Without this exclusion only the standard Zen Cart text editor could be used in the admin!
    [UPDATED] Code added to init script to set the value of $PHP_SELF in certain circumstances, to prevent the rewrite rules interfering with the zen_href_link function in some very particular cases.

As you can see, these are all very minor fixes, the module is maturing well. Hopefully these will be the last issues to be found!

3.0.2 is now available in the downloads area.

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

link problem Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

Hello Conor Please be gentle, I have just registered and am very new to all this having only done XHTML sites before with the odd php search facility. Well done with this SEO module, it looks good but I am having a problem and am not sure if it is my server or Zen cart config.
    This is what I am using....
    Zencart version 1.3.8a
    CEON 3.0.1 (I know there is a newer version but I only downloaded this yesterday!)
    MySQL 4.1.22-standard
    Linux server 2.6.18-92.ei5PAE.
    PHP version 4.4.7.
    Apache/2.2.9
    I am experimenting on the same server as my live xhtml site, so I am nervous about messing it up as it provides my income.

I have installed Zencart in www.mywebsite.co.uk/shop and I created a .htaccess file as per your example and adjusted the paths accordingly.
    The .htaccess commands seem to work because I had to prevent my current search.php from being overwritten and also allow *.html pages to work. However the Zencart pages when converted to static URLs are not found on the server... I get the following message...
    "Not Found The requested URL /shop/Accessories/Measuring-Tools/1.5-Metre-Tape-Measure-8124 was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

If I turn the URI Mapping off or remove the static URL name in the product category, the page in question comes up as an ID page as you would expect shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86_90&products_id=203
    If it is turned on the correct URL that I want appears in the address bar but cannot be found.

I also moved the .htaccess file from the current root of the site to my php shop root but the problem remains.
    Is this a problem with my Server, Zencart or Me?

Thanks

Pete

Plugin Contributions

Having the same problem is there a fix for this?

Plugin Contributions

Can this mod be used for just the ez pages and still use Ultimate SEO URLs?

Plugin Contributions

Hi, installed this mod succesfuly. Although the very good instructions may look complicated, I managed to install this in minutes, even a noob like me The products I added or modified had the "new" url. Great!

Two questions;
    1 Looking at "Who's online", all the customers are looking at the images folder in my template. When I follow the link I end up on the home page. Before installing this mod I could follow the link and see what they were actually looking at. Now only pop-up images have the standard url. Is this "normal" or do I have to change settings?
    The site works 100% ok because I still get orders...

2 Do I understand correctly that I have to save every product again to change the url? Not that it's a big problem, it will only take some time.

Although I only installed it to get better results for search-engines, it also looks much better in the url adress. There's a understandable adress instead of some long code.

Again, great module! Thank you very much.

Page 4 of 291 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast