Page 50 of 291 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by baz4096 View Post
    The php script that generates the text/xml originally was running fine, generating output with no errors, however as soon as I switched on the URI rewrites, the php script still ran, however it's header status code was modified to 404.
    Are you using the latest version of the module?

It has functionality in it to work with "broken" Zen Cart modules which use hard-coding instead of Zen Cart's link functions etc.

The 404 error behaviour you are describing seems to indicate that this banner module is one of these broken modules.

I'm afraid I have simply run out of support time on this forum for the rest of this week but you may want to take a look at the "Excluded Files" functionality in the Ceon URI Mapping config utility.

If that doesn't help, please make sure that your site isn't trying to rewrite URIs ending with .php or .xml.. the example rewrite rules in the *latest* versions of the modules don't do this, earlier ones *did* so won't work with your site!

Hope that helps.

Enjoy the rest of your week! :)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

Are you using the latest version of the module?

It has functionality in it to work with "broken" Zen Cart modules which use hard-coding instead of Zen Cart's link functions etc.

The 404 error behaviour you are describing seems to indicate that this banner module is one of these broken modules.

I'm afraid I have simply run out of support time on this forum for the rest of this week but you may want to take a look at the "Excluded Files" functionality in the Ceon URI Mapping config utility.

If that doesn't help, please make sure that your site isn't trying to rewrite URIs ending with .php or .xml.. the example rewrite rules in the *latest* versions of the modules don't do this, earlier ones *did* so won't work with your site!

Hope that helps.

Enjoy the rest of your week! :)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon
    Hi Conor

I'm using the latest version (3.2.3). I will definitely give the excluded files a look over. Thanks for your time - I appreciate it.

Chris

Plugin Contributions

Hi Alan,

I too upgraded from Ultimate SEO and found these instructions for removing that mod useful:

http://www.magic-seo-url.com/zencart...-seo-urls.html

However, I am having a problem that perhaps Conor could help me with. I'm getting this error from my test server after installation:

Warning: require_once(DIR_FS_ADMINincludes/classes/class.String.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/websites/zen-cart/includes/functions/extra_functions/ceon_uri_mapping.php on line 21

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DIR_FS_ADMINincludes/classes/class.String.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/websites/zen-cart/includes/functions/extra_functions/ceon_uri_mapping.php on line 21

I've checked the two topics where others have experienced this problem and tried the solutions you recommended (re-FTPing), but no dice.

The server is local to my network, so I've tried just moving the files, and then tried to FTP it as well, but I keep having the same problem.

I've added the .htaccess file in my zen cart folder, but nothing.

Can you help me out here?

Thanks, Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by alan145 View Post
    Hello Conor,
    I am freshman of zen cart and Ceon URI Mapping, I Used ultimate_seo_urls, but when I found Ceon URI Mapping is much more better than that, so I change to install Ceon URI Mapping mapping according to your installation instruction, I copy all the files folders in the "files" and "1.3.8a" folder in the modified_core_files, then paste them into our website root. I log in the admin, and I found the Ceon URI Mapping is there,

But I found my web url is still dynamic, I think I have some wrong operation on the Create the necessary database tables and configure the URI auto-generation settings.
    and Add the rewrite rules to Apache.
    Could you tell me more in detailed how to do that.
    I aprreciate in advance!!!
    If you come to China, I treat you.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Nathan,

Quote Originally Posted by nathant View Post
    Warning: require_once(DIR_FS_ADMINincludes/classes/class.String.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/websites/zen-cart/includes/functions/extra_functions/ceon_uri_mapping.php on line 21
    As can clearly be seen, you have not got a definition for DIR_FS_ADMIN. That is because the above file should not be in the catalog but in your admin folder!

Delete the file /includes/functions/extra_functions/ceon_uri_mapping.php from your store (and upload it to the admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/ directory if you haven't already - actually, check that you haven't uploaded all of the admin files to the wrong folder!).

And please be more careful next time you upload files - take a note of where they are supposed to go and where you are actually uploading them! ;)

As I said previously, if you hear nothing else from me this week it's because I'm out of time so hopefully that helps!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lissy View Post
    I'm also having the problem of my products not being added to the shopping cart.
    Funnily enough, I have another site with this module and it's working beautifully.
    I have tried uploading file again - no good.
    I even tried downloading the file from the working site and uploading it to the non-working one - still no good.
    Products that haven't had their URLs updated can be added to the shopping cart no problems, so it does seem that something is going wrong here.
    Help!!
    Hi,
    This might help you out since I was going through the same problem.
    Make sure that you have uploaded the modified_core_files
    Specially, check that you have the modified version of the includes/functions/html_output.php
    Hope this solves your problem!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeSell View Post
    Hi,
    This might help you out since I was going through the same problem.
    Make sure that you have uploaded the modified_core_files
    Specially, check that you have the modified version of the includes/functions/html_output.php
    Hope this solves your problem!
    Nevermind, I just realized you already tried this!!! DOH!!!

Plugin Contributions

At least you tried! Thanks anyway.
    I've tried some more things:
    If you select the item from a category page, rather than the product page, it goes into the cart.
    I also tried creating a brand new product (because I thought that way it couldn't have an "old" URL) but it's not working either.

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to avoid duplicated products with this mod, if they are linked in different categories?
    ie.
    www.site.ext/books/archaeology/history-of-ancient-rome.html
    www.site.ext/books/history/history-of-ancient-rome.html
    etc...

Is it possible ie. to make something like
    www.site.ext/books/history-of-ancient-rome.html
    or
    www.site.ext/history-of-ancient-rome.html

and then have each product linked to the respective category?

And... how much this software charge server loading time?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

No, as that will already all have been done correctly. You've no problems in that regard as you can see the config utility!

Possibly, that's what I've put them in the docs for. It's up to you to tailor them for your site if necessary. Please read the docs for more information, all you should need should be there. If not, a quick search for a rewrite tutorial on the internet should get you any other info you need.

I think you may possibly be mistaken in thinking that the site will auto-generate URIs for each of your categories and products.. you must go in and edit *every* category and product on your site, "updating" each, to have a URI "auto-generated" for the category/product.

Ceon URI Mapping does not work like Ultimate SEO, it does not do automatic auto-generation of all URIs.

I think that's the bit you've missed. I'd say everything's installed fine but you were just expecting all the URIs to change at once.. that's not how the module works!

Hope that helps!

All the best..

Conor
    To further clarify.. You have to enter a URI for each category/product/ez-page/manufacturer or tick "auto-generate" and click "update" for each category/product/ez-page/manufacturer. Ceon URI Mapping is designed to give you intricate control of your URIs, it doesn't apply a general policy to them all (like the "SEO" modules).
    Hello Conor,
    After you patient explain, I have some idea now.
    According to your instruction, "
    I think you may possibly be mistaken in thinking that the site will auto-generate URIs for each of your categories and products.. you must go in and edit *every* category and product on your site, "updating" each, to have a URI "auto-generated" for the category/product.“
    Could you give me a example how to do that, how to edit?
    or I have to have to enter a URI for each category/product/ez-page/manufacturer, where to enter?
    Conor, Please help me, I am been crazy several days, I am not a professial in web and program,
    Regards,
    Alan

Plugin Contributions

Alan - you simply click on the product to bring up the edit screen, and you can play with the URL down the bottom.

Okay, back to my problem with not being able to add products to the shopping cart.
    Someone has pointed out to me that on the site where this module is working, the admin files are in a directory actually called admin.
    But on the site where it's not working, my admin files are in a directory called something else.
    Is it possible that somewhere in the code that's used to create the shopping cart ZC is looking for a file structure under the admin directory? Which of course wouldn't work because it needs to be changed??
    I know I'm pulling at straws, but I figured it was worth asking.
    I woudl REALLY like some help here!