Page 51 of 291 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

Quote Originally Posted by Lissy View Post
    Alan - you simply click on the product to bring up the edit screen, and you can play with the URL down the bottom.

Okay, back to my problem with not being able to add products to the shopping cart.
    Someone has pointed out to me that on the site where this module is working, the admin files are in a directory actually called admin.
    But on the site where it's not working, my admin files are in a directory called something else.
    Is it possible that somewhere in the code that's used to create the shopping cart ZC is looking for a file structure under the admin directory? Which of course wouldn't work because it needs to be changed??
    I know I'm pulling at straws, but I figured it was worth asking.
    I woudl REALLY like some help here!
    Did you upload the modified core files to the renamed admin folder?
    Also did you adjust your htaccess accordingly?

Plugin Contributions

The admin folder was renamed about six months ago, so yes, all the necessary files were uploaded there.
    And the .htaccess file was adjusted back then as well.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Alan - you simply click on the product to bring up the edit screen, and you can play with the URL down the bottom.
    Thanks for helping Alan out, it's nice to have help! :)

Is it possible that somewhere in the code that's used to create the shopping cart ZC is looking for a file structure under the admin directory?
    No, the admin is completely separate from the catalog, the rewrite rule condition for the admin is only there to make sure you can continue to access the admin, it is there to prevent the admin being blocked by the rewrite rule. What the admin directory is called is of no significance.

I know I'm pulling at straws, but I figured it was worth asking.
    I woudl REALLY like some help here!
    Honestly if it's not the html_output.php file being incorrect I don't know what's wrong. I'm afraid it would probably have to be debugged manually (i.e. PHP traces temporarily added to the code).

Sorry I don't have better news than that!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by incircolo View Post
    Is it possible to avoid duplicated products with this mod, if they are linked in different categories?
    Yes, if you duplicate rather than link the product, you can enter the exact same URI for each product (say "www.site.ext/history-of-ancient-rome.html"), but this means that when a customer browses your site they will be moved to the same category.

I.e. if a customer is in /books/history/ and they click on the product their context on the site will become /books/archaeology/ and if they're in /books/history/ and they click on the product their context on the site will also become /books/archaeology/.

So they'll get to see the product and it won't be duplicated but if the customer went to the product via /books/history/ they'll no longer be in the history subcategory but the archaeology subcategory.

There is no way around this.

By default, the module adds a cPath for any linked product, (which makes it a unique URI in google terms I think) but both the "master" product and the "linked" product can still have the same base URI:

www.site.ext/history-of-ancient-rome.html

http://www.site.ext/history-of-ancie...html?cPath=2_3

Quote Originally Posted by incircolo View Post
    And... how much this software charge server loading time?
    The module is as lightweight as can possibly be given its featureset. It can require as little as one or two SQL queries to perform its job. I've no interest in quantifying that as I believe in making software functional first, easy to maintain second and efficient third. I believe the module meets all 3 goals as well as it can!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post

you must go in and edit *every* category and product on your site, "updating" each, to have a URI "auto-generated" for the category/product.

Conor
    Hi,

What would be the best approach (if one exists) to periodically opening and closing via automation, every product and category as if a user were doing it?? The idea would be to create URL's for anything that had yet to be written. I am thinking that if the URL field is empty, that it would be safe to autogenerate a URL so the automation of "walking the product tree" would not overwrite existing URLs.

I use a front end for the store but currently have to then go in an "touch" every product to generate URLs, even it is just a load and store... the hard part is finding them all.

Could this be done via query or a script? Could whatever gets done when the product is updated be done as a result of a "for each product where URL is empty" command?

Thanks and kind regards,
    B Herd

Plugin Contributions

Hello Conor,
    when does uri_mappings_manager come out?

Plugin Contributions

I am installing this mod for a customer on 1.3.8a, but am having issues with the .htaccess file. The directory is located in /zencart and the admin directory is /admin. I receive a 500 server error when this is turned on. Here is what I currently have in the .htaccess file:

[SCR]RewriteEngine On

# Don't rewrite any files ending with .[xxxx], except for scripts/HTML files
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.[a-zA-Z]{2,4}$ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} \.(php|xml|html|htm|aspx)$ [NC]
    # Only rewrite pages inside the zencart directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/zencart/.* [NC]
    # Don't rewrite admin directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/admin.* [NC]
    # Don't rewrite payment pages/callback handlers
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/ipn_main_handler.php.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/iridium_3d_secure_iframe.php.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/localities_remote_loader.php.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/nochex_apc_handler.php.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/protx_direct_3d_secure_iframe.php.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/realex_remote_3d_secure_iframe.php.* [NC]
    # Handle all other URIs/file types (php|html|htm etc.) using Zen Cart (index.php)
    RewriteRule (.*) zencart/index.php?%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    [/SCR]

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, here is what is in the file:

RewriteEngine On

# Don't rewrite any files ending with .[xxxx], except for scripts/HTML files
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.[a-zA-Z]{2,4}$ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} \.(php|xml|html|htm|aspx)$ [NC]
    # Only rewrite pages inside the zencart directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/zencart/.* [NC]
    # Don't rewrite admin directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/admin.* [NC]
    # Don't rewrite payment pages/callback handlers
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/ipn_main_handler.php.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/iridium_3d_secure_iframe.php.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/localities_remote_loader.php.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/nochex_apc_handler.php.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/protx_direct_3d_secure_iframe.php.* [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/zencart/realex_remote_3d_secure_iframe.php.* [NC]
    # Handle all other URIs/file types (php|html|htm etc.) using Zen Cart (index.php)
    RewriteRule (.*) zencart/index.php?%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

Plugin Contributions

Here is what my host said about the .htaccess file:

You are seeing this error because your .htaccess rules are causing too many internal redirects. Here is what I found in the Apache error logs:

[Sat Sep 05 20:24:45 2009] [error] [client 64.81.143.26] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.
    [Sat Sep 05 20:24:45 2009] [error] [client 64.81.143.26] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

You should have a look at the rules you added, and trim them down so as not to cause this internal loop.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to my techie ex-husband , the problem of products not being added to the cart has been solved. Basically, it was the .htaccess file.
    On the working site, the path is workingsite.com/zencart/files
    On the bad site, which is set up as an addon domain resolving to a folder called zencart, the path is badsite.com/files

In the .htaccess file, however, the bad site was set up as badsite.com/zencart/files or variations thereof. And that's why it wasn't working.

Just thought I'd post this in here because a couple of other people have mentioned having this same problem, so at least this is another idea to check out in the hope of finding a resolution.