Page 9 of 291 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping (SEO)

Got the new version installing it now. what do need for examples if the problem still exisits

Plugin Contributions

Installed new version

This works fine

http://afishybusiness.com/wavemakers...y.backup.mp139

This one I get

http://afishybusiness.com/wavemakers...m.cover.3.pack

404 Not found

The requested URL /wavemakers.pumps/vortech/vortech.foam.cover.3.pack was not found on this server
    Last edited by Mustang394; 20 Mar 2009 at 11:23 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang394 View Post
    It's the usage of full stops/periods as the whitespace replacement.. they're clashing with your rewrite rule.

The example rewrite rule lets through anything with a 2 to four letter extension at the end of the URI (e.g. .png, .jpeg, .gif, .html, .php) so they aren't rewritten.

.mp139 gets rewritten by the rewrite rule because it has 5 letters after a full stop, .pack doesn't as it only has four.

You can either change the rewrite rule conditions to always rewrite URIs with an extension but only exclude very specific extensions (gif|jpeg|png|pdf|jpg|doc). Obviously you'll have to be very specific about what extensions to allow and disallow.

There should be enough info in the docs (and if necessary, in a search on the net for example rewriteconds) to get this working the way you want.

Alternatively, you can use a different whitespace replacement with the current rewrite rule you have.

Hope that helps!

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

yup that did the trick, just used a different white space for now.

Thank You

Default Module Working But Having Troubling Errors

I have spent probably between 15 and 20 hours with this module and I'd really like to keep it installed, but I am experiencing some strange errors that I just cannot get past.

First, I am getting a number of "file not found" messages in my host server log. These are for valid mapped URLs, but not every time (sporadic). Despite these errors, the actual pages are being served correctly to the clients. Weird.

Second, when I check the "Who's Online" feature in the admin, the last page visited shows "main_page=page_not_found" for a lot of the visitors. But again, I am confident that the clients are not receiving error messages. I have verified this by getting both these effects to be logged for my own IP address as I visit the store, but my experience as a user is exactly as it should be.

Finally, I can get the actual page_not_found to show when I type an invalid URL with a 2-4 character extension in the name (as this is excluded from the rewrite rule) but whenever I type in any other gibberish URL, it just serves the index page without an error. I cannot get the "Missing Page Check" to trigger the page_not_found content.

Despite the fact that my testing shows that users (and, thus, I presume, the search engine robots) are getting a seamless experience, I am not comfortable ignoring this constant pile of error messages.

I have emailed Ceon about the issue and they are uncertain what the problem is. (I asked them point blank about whether the custom page_not_found feature is compatible with the mapping module, and they gave me a non-answer.)

So before I uninstall the module and move on ... has anyone else experienced these same issues? If so, were you able to resolve them somehow? Any feedback would be welcome, as I have reached a point of frustration. Thanks.

FYI, the store is www.earthenapparel.com, ZC version 1.3.8a, Ceon ver 3.2.0 (latest), and the .htaccess file is pretty straightforward: the exact content of what the instructions call for plus a canonical fix rule and a 404 rule, neither of which affects the behavior I've described.

Michael

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Module Working But Having Troubling Errors

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by E-Captivate View Post
    I have emailed Ceon about the issue and they are uncertain what the problem is. (I asked them point blank about whether the custom page_not_found feature is compatible with the mapping module, and they gave me a non-answer.)
    My reply to you was:

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by the customised document_not_found page.
    You never replied to explain further.

Posting that I gave you a "non-answer" was simply rude.

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Conor - I asked you twice, in two separate emails, whether the module was compatible with the page_not_found feature, and you did not answer the first time and you professed not to understand the second question.

It was obvious from your replies that you were very busy and, seeing as you are not getting paid for this module, I respect that. Instead of bothering you again, I took my issue to the forum to see if anyone else had experienced my same issues and, if so, anyone knew of an explanation or solution.

It was not intended as rude, but if it was taken that way, I apologize. I am only seeking a sound solution for my customer.

So is this module compatible with the page_not_found feature? If not, it would give me some clarity on my issues. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

It was not intended as rude, but if it was taken that way, I apologize. I am only seeking a sound solution for my customer.
    Fair enough. I'd been expecting you to e-mail me back to explain more. I rarely take as long to reply as 4 working days. I'd forgotten about your e-mail as it had arrived on a Saturday and I tend to just "flag" e-mails at weekends for the free distributions. Every so often I check to make sure that I haven't missed replying to any "flagged" e-mails. As I was so busy I hadn't carried out that task yet that week or I would have responded sooner. I did respond straight away to your second mail but I can understand that you wanted a quicker response so you can get your client sorted.

So is this module compatible with the page_not_found feature? If not, it would give me some clarity on my issues. Thanks.
    I honestly didn't know what you meant by that, I didn't know if you were talking about some Apache 404/error settings or something but I've looked at my own Zen Cart installation and see that there is a "page_not_found" script and a page in the modules/pages folder.

I've never used that before but looking into the problem I can see that Zen Cart automatically loads the index page in init_includes/init_sanitize.php if the main_page variable is not set.

I think it would indeed make more sense for that to go to the page_not_found page so in init_ceon_uri_mapping you should add in a block to set the main_page variable if it isn't set. You can change the following lines (349-350):

PHP Code:
            }
        } else if (isset(
    $_GET['main_page']) && isset($_SESSION['ceon_uri_mapping_redirected'])) { 
    to

PHP Code:
            } else {
                if (
    MISSING_PAGE_CHECK == 'On' || MISSING_PAGE_CHECK == 'true') {

$_GET['main_page'] = 'index';
                } elseif (
    MISSING_PAGE_CHECK == 'Page Not Found') {

header('HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found');

$_GET['main_page'] = 'page_not_found';
                }
            }
        } else if (isset(
    $_GET['main_page']) && isset($_SESSION['ceon_uri_mapping_redirected'])) { 
    That code doesn't redirect the user but simply brings up the page not found page.. which is the same behaviour Zen Cart uses as standard. Should it instead redirect to the page not found page?

Please let me know what you all think about that and I'll make the code part of 3.2.1 because now that I see what is happening, I think some code should be present, either to display the 404 page or redirect to it.

I'm not sure about the who's online issues.. I'm sure it's something to do with the rewrite rule. I'd need admin access to someone's site to see what's going on as I can't replicate the problem here, it's working fine for me.

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Thanks, Conor, that did the trick!

And thank you for the assistance in solving the Apache error issue as well. For anyone else experiencing these errors, here was the solution:

I had enabled the favicon.ico code in the header_html.php file. By default, the "link href" lines for the favicon come before the "base href" line. This normally is not an issue, but once an SEO/mapping module was installed, it became problematic. The system was looking for /category/favicon.ico and /category/subcategory/favicon.ico and thus triggering Apache "file not found" errors. By moving the "base href" line to precede the favicon lines, the problem vanished.

Plugin Contributions

Dear CEON,

I have a big problem.

I add products/categories to my web site using direct DB injection.

There are currently over 19.000 products and over 4.000 categories.

CEON SEO URLs does not automatically attach rewrites to them, so basically i'd have to go over tens of thousands of entries right now in order to give each one SEO URLs.

I think this is a very crazy thing to do.

Any help?

Thank you very much.

Page 9 of 291 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast