Plugin Contributions

Default Can't get to admin page --but I never changed anything!!

Hi there,

Found stuff in the forum on old posts but still need help/clarification...

I am new to zen cart and am now getting the following message while trying to log on to admin:

2006 MySQL server has gone away
    in:
    [select * from coupon_gv_queue where release_flag='N']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

2006 MySQL server has gone away
    in:
    [select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = '3b44dea8141529e943a268866f021904']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I saw that Dr. Byte had responses to previous posts about it being that the MySQL server was opened and unexpectedly closed before the scripts were finished processing and so maybe that is why it is happening, but i dont really know what that all means. i called my server (1and1) and they are looking into it and said they would have to send me an email (i got the vibe that the representative i had didn't know what was going on) but since i didnt either im sure i wasnt much help to her diagnosing the problem. could you please help me figure out why this is happening and how to fix it so that i can log in to my admin page? or at least help me explain it better to my server?

Thanks,
    Theresa

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't get to admin page --but I never changed anything!!

You probably saw in the older threads that this usually means that the server timed out when trying to access the database. If you didn't change anything, try turning off Admin - Configuration - My Store - Show if version update available. After that, I think it's on your host to fix.

Plugin Contributions

Ok but what exactly do i need to tell them to fix. Sorry to be such an idiot.
    Theresa

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Ask your host to look at the "Additional Information" section of this FAQ article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=81

And in the meantime, try making the tiny edit described in the first half of the same article and see whether that lets you login fine. If it does, then get your host to sort out why the ping mentioned in the rest of the article is failing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tclayla View Post
    ... i called my server (1and1) and they are looking into it and said they would have to send me an email (i got the vibe that the representative i had didn't know what was going on) but since i didnt either im sure i wasnt much help to her diagnosing the problem...
    ... Attention to all zencart newbies. Before you buy hosting space, make sure your host knows the fundamentals of the software you intend to use.

That's why CHEAP hosting is usually EXPENSIVE, and why you should consider a zencart certified host before you dive in.

Plugin Contributions

drbyte- thank you for the clarification. I really appreciate it! I will try and work with them to get it solved.

fairestcape- no need for a "smart alec" remark, it would be nice to know that zen newcomers can ask questions on these fourms without your type of sarcasm. hope you have a better day tomorrow.

thanks,
    theresa