Plugin Contributions

Default SSL Installed and now can't login to store or Admin

I've had an SSL certificate installed and now I can't login, either to the front end 'My Account' or Admin.

ZC was previously installed via Fantasico on cPanel and therefore there are no instructions. I've searched on here and on the Wiki and still can't find any instructions regarding SSL.

I've discovered there are two config files that I've added the https bit to both but with lack of instructions I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. There are lines with 'true' and 'false' so don't know whether these need changing or not.

On the front-end shop, a previously registered user just gets thrown back to the logon page on both http: and httpS: and the same happens on admin (so I can't get into the site to change anything in admin)

I registered another user on the front end and the confirmation email has been generated etc, but this new user still can't logon.

Does anyone have sample config files so I know what I am supposed to be changing for the SSL

Many thanks for any help

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SSL Installed and now can't login to store or Admin

The Tutorials/FAQ area is full of articles related to common questions, such as yours: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=14

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I found the article you referred to. I've got the site logons (store and admin) working on my laptop but not on the original PC so it has got to be a cache issue.

Thank you again for your input - I was beginning to regret having the SSL installed but all is OK now

Plugin Contributions

I realize this is an old post but i am currently having the same problem with the admin login area and the customer login area. I've updated the config files as defined in the tutorial but no luck.

Been searching for an answer to this problem for 2 days now and it's driving me nuts. I know it's something simple but can't figure it out!

Can anyone help?

thanks

(i'm running ZC version 1.3.8)
    Last edited by pixelarcher; 11 Aug 2009 at 02:52 AM.