Plugin Contributions

help question Payment & Shipping Module - need different options for different parts of store

We have a new ecommerce site that was created by an outside company. Unfortunately the site was not designed to our specification and we are not getting responses to our emails, calls, etc. I hope someone can help . . . here goes:

When a consumer arrives at our web site the are prompted to enter a code in order to be directed to the correct "catalog". Each catalog is different from the other with different product offerings and different pricing. Each catalog also needed to have completely different shipping choices and payment options.

For example, some of these consumers will be billed directly from a third party which will also handle the shipping portion. So in this instance the payment and shipping modules should be off.

Another catalog may be setup to receive payment for the product but not require shipping charges.

From what I have found so far Shipping and Payment Modules are site-wide and does not seem to be customized for each individual catalog.

FYI: We are setup to use UPS only and our Payment Methods are either Credit Card or PayPal.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment & Shipping Module - need different options for different parts of store

If I understand your needs correctly. the only way I know of to do that would be to have the links on your landing page point to separate installations of Zencart, probably in subdirectories, each with it's own payment and shipping options.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment & Shipping Module - need different options for different parts of store

Thank you for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Consider also the potential "mess" when customers start ordering products across both "parts of the store"... They will have two lots of shipping to contend with and two separate payments systems to contend with...

... very difficult to program into the code, but if it is possible, it creates big logistical headaches for the customer and the store managers.
    20 years a Zencart User