Plugin Contributions

Default problems with product changes

I've just upgraded to 1.3.8 from 1.3, I'm still working through the bits and pieces to make sure Its all running again. My first hiccough has been the following message if I try to change an existing catalogue product entry. e.g. I want to change the number available from 1 to nil. (which I do whenever I sell something direct in my physical shop)

I get the following message. on a plain white screen
    (I've searched the forum and can't find it listed anywhere so I'm sorry if I'm repeating a problem already dealt with.)

1054 Unknown column 'products_height' in 'field list'
    in:
    [update zen_products set products_quantity = '0', products_type = '5', products_model = '', products_price = '0', products_date_available = null, products_weight = '0.42', products_height = '0', products_length = '0', products_width = '0', products_status = '0', products_virtual = '0', products_tax_class_id = '0', manufacturers_id = '0', products_quantity_order_min = '1', products_quantity_order_units = '1', products_priced_by_attribute = '0', product_is_free = '0', product_is_call = '0', products_quantity_mixed = '1', product_is_always_free_shipping = '0', products_qty_box_status = '1', products_quantity_order_max = '0', products_sort_order = '0', products_discount_type = '0', products_discount_type_from = '0', products_price_sorter = '65.0000', products_image = 'viking wire.jpg', products_last_modified = now(), master_categories_id = '2' where products_id = '118']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    The only thing I changed was the quantity from 1 to 0 then I just left it blank a second time to see if that made any difference. any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: problems with product changes

You have an add-on or something as that is not a default field to Zen Cart and something is missing to make your upgraded site work properly ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

The only add on I've done since the changeover is the austpost one. Is that what you mean?

I did the upgrade via my cpanel using Fantastico, and basically have just transferred back the saved personalised changes like the html files for main page shipping etc. so far.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by artycles View Post
    The only add on I've done since the changeover is the austpost one. Is that what you mean?

I did the upgrade via my cpanel using Fantastico, and basically have just transferred back the saved personalised changes like the html files for main page shipping etc. so far.
    It appears to me that although you have installed the austpost files you haven't yet activated the module. If you go to /admin/modules/shipping and hit the 'install' button it will automatically update your database tables and the error will go away.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    It appears to me that although you have installed the austpost files you haven't yet activated the module. If you go to /admin/modules/shipping and hit the 'install' button it will automatically update your database tables and the error will go away.

Cheers
    Rod
    I've done that, the problem's still there. Thanks for that though

Plugin Contributions

I've done that, the problem's still there. Thanks for that though
    I'm afraid I have to argue with you on this one. I wrote the code. IF you do the /module/shipping/austpost 'install' the module *will* create the 'missing' table entries and the problem *will* go away. I guarantee it!

The other way to make the error go away is to revert the three files under /admin/ (that were replaced when you copied the austpost files to your site) back to the zencart original files. Doing this won't stop the module from working, but it will make it impossible for you to add any product dimensions.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    I'm afraid I have to argue with you on this one. I wrote the code. IF you do the /module/shipping/austpost 'install' the module *will* create the 'missing' table entries and the problem *will* go away. I guarantee it!

The other way to make the error go away is to revert the three files under /admin/ (that were replaced when you copied the austpost files to your site) back to the zencart original files. Doing this won't stop the module from working, but it will make it impossible for you to add any product dimensions.

Cheers
    Rod

Looks like I might have to revert the three files, as I've just gone through the whole process again just to be sure I didn't miss a step and it's still doing it.
    This ole granny is getting grumpy I'm an artist not a pooter person

Plugin Contributions

Looks like I might have to revert the three files, as I've just gone through the whole process again just to be sure I didn't miss a step and it's still doing it.
    This ole granny is getting grumpy I'm an artist not a pooter person
    Please send me a screen capture of your Australia Post module settings.

Thanks
    Rod