Plugin Contributions

Default Master Category ID reset?

In my 1.3.7 zen store I have used easy populate. This has lead to some of my master categories being incorrect - causing salemaker to work incorrectly.

I need to correct the master categories. I have found various posts in this forum which point to using the master categories reset all in the admin > store manager. They all say to this with care, particularly if you have linked products!

I do have linked products. Please could someone advice me on what this reset actually does, what the risks are, why and how I can reset with care? Can I actually use the master categories reset, as I have linked products, or will this mess up my whole store?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Master Category ID reset?

A couple things can help ...

In the Store Manager is an update for the master_categories_id ... however, this will select the first categories_id that it finds as the master_categories_id ...

You can also use, after running that, the Multiple Categories Link Manager ... located on the Copy for a Product ... which has a feature to set a categories_id as a master_categories_id for a given Category to all of its products ...

Also, after all of this is done, you should run the Update Products Price Sorter, also in the Store Manager ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Master Category ID reset?

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I have spent ages looking into this and this is the exact info I needed.