Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Embedded Video doesn't display in IE

I tried to embed videos into some of my products from multiple sites like youtube, revver, etc. The videos work perfectly fine in Firefox and Chrome but in Internet Explorer it messes up the page and "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error is displayed.

I think this is because the embedded video is clashing with some other zen cart module (most probably zen lightbox).

I am sure others must have faced the same problem. Anyone knows a fix to this?

Link to one of the products containing video:

http://www.starruby.in/store/star-sa...ntreated-p-146

Thanks & Regards,
    Harshil

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Embedded Video doesn't display in IE

What happens when you disable lightbox? You may be using an older version of lightbox as well (according to the author, Alex, this should have been fixed in the new version)
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    What happens when you disable lightbox? You may be using an older version of lightbox as well (according to the author, Alex, this should have been fixed in the new version)
    Hi Raine,

Thanks for the advice. I just disabled lightbox but still the error continues. So it must be something else...

Plugin Contributions

i still see the lightbox js is being loaded? Plus it looks like you have a bunch of other jscript modules as well. Disable them one by one to find out what causes the problem.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

oops...
    Last edited by kiddo; 25 Jan 2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: posted to wrong thread.

Plugin Contributions

i still see the lightbox js is being loaded? Plus it looks like you have a bunch of other jscript modules as well. Disable them one by one to find out what causes the problem.
    right.. I think the other jscript modules might be causing a problem. I can see jscript_2_imageViewer.js and jscript_ajax_image_swapper.js , which I had removed, have not been completely uninstalled. I am trying to remove these, hopefully after removal this problem should be sorted out.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I removed all other jscript modules except zen lightbox (which is presently disabled) but still stuck with the same problem. Any idea what may be causing it?

Plugin Contributions

I think I have now pin-pointed the problem.

The file:
    includes/templates/apple_zen/jscript/lightbox_prototype.js

is causing the problem.

When this file is deleted the videos work in IE, irrespective of whether lightbox status is "on" or "off".

Any solution to resolve this conlict?

Thanks,
    Harshil
    Last edited by starruby; 25 Jan 2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: edited to change the filename

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by starruby View Post
    I think I have now pin-pointed the problem.

The file:
    includes/templates/apple_zen/jscript/lightbox_scriptaculous.js

is causing the problem.

When this file is deleted the videos work in IE, irrespective of whether lightbox status is "on" or "off".

Any solution to resolve this conlict?

Thanks,
    Harshil
    What is the content of that file? Did you try to upgrade lightbox?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Raine,
    I just somehow upgraded to lightbox 1.5 even though it was not compatible with zen v1.3.7.. now the videos work fine. Thanks for all your time and help (as always!)

Just one more question: in IE, in the products where I have added video, the additional images display one below the other (instead of being displayed in the same line)

For example:
    http://www.starruby.in/store/star-sa...ntreated-p-146

Additional images of other products where videos have not been added display in the same line. For example this product:
    http://www.starruby.in/store/star-ru...ntreated-p-206

The strange thing is that this happens even in products where I just once embedded a video and then later removed it. The addnl images still display one below the other in these products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast