Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Formatting Issues

I have three questions regarding the formatting of my website, www.desertskyink.com
    1. When clicking on the Contact Us page (lower right corner of the website), everything shows up at the bottom of the page. How can I get this to show up at the top of the page?
    2. Under My Account, then clicking on 'View or change entries in my address book', the address, etc. is not centered and is kind of scrambled. Where do I correct this?F
    3. For the general website, how can I create margins on either side so that it doesn't occupy the whole web browser? I know that the main wrapper setting in the website will do this if you set it to 75% or something instead of 100%, and as I recall it used to work, but now it just creates a margin on the left hand side, but not the right. How do I correct this?
    I have made several changes to the website, so I'm sure that one change may have affected another, so I'm just trying to get everything straightened out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Formatting Issues

Sorry, one more issue to add:
    1. When clicking on the Log In tab and on the Log In page, underneath the State/Province, there is an extra box. I don't know where this came from. How do I get rid of this box?

Plugin Contributions

Number 1 - Contact Us Page - Go to Admin - Tools - Define Pages Editor and select define_contact_us.php, if you are using a html editor in there click the symbol that looks like <> and clear out any html coding in there, because there are a lot of <p> that is taking up the space even though there's no text and that should clear that problem.

Number 2 - My Account page issue.....that section has a class of back, which normally has the text-align:left; declaration, you've added it again in your stylesheet with a text-align:center; on line 359, remove that extra declaration and it'll go how it's supposed to :)

Number 3 - centering your site -

Code:
    #mainWrapper {stylesheet.css (line 168)
    background-color:#FFFFFF;
    text-align:left;
    vertical-align:top;
    width:100%;
    }
    The text-align:left; is keeping it to the left when you reduce the percentage...you will need to change that to center and also add in margin:auto; to center it

The last one on the second post, the extra box is there for ppl like us Aussies who don't have a US state which are the only ones listed in the drop down...changing this from a drop down to just a text will remove the two boxes and just make one, Admin - Configuration - Customer Details - State - Always display as pulldown? Change to False

Hope all that helps you!
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

Everything worked great, just one more question:

1. I have now added 75% margin for the website (below)

#mainWrapper {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    text-align: center;
    width: 75%;
    vertical-align: top;
    }

However, when I added the margin: auto piece it kind of made it so the top bar (where the product categories are listed) and the bottom bar (where it says 'home') did not stretch enough to be the same width as the side boxes. Anyway, I took that out and added 75% to the mainwrapper and text-align: center and that seems to be ok. Do you know how I can add a different color to the new side margins?

Again, thank you much for your help, it's really appreciated!!!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, one more issue:

1. When I change the .back setting for the My Account / View or change entries in the address book to text-align: left and get rid of float: left, all of my products get listed vertically and not horizontally (at the bottom of the website). It did take care of the problem on the My Account page, but messed up other formattin. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Your main wrapper is centered when I use Firebug, however you have bits like this, width:1250px;
    In a few places and this is pushing your site really wide and making it all look right-aligned in my browser....try changing those to
    width:100%;
    and see if it helps

For the other, I don't see anything wrong with your product listings, could you elaborate more? :)
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

I will give that a try. When text-align is set to left (which it is now), the products line up horizontally, when it is set to center the products line up horizontally. I will change it so you can see what I mean.

Also, once I get the margin thing figured out, do you know how I can add a different color to the side margins?

#mainWrapper {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    text-align: center;
    width: 75%;
    vertical-align: top;
    }

Plugin Contributions

To set a different color for outside the main wrapper, just add the background-color or an image to the body declaration :)

For example (this is from my stylesheet lol):

body {
    margin: 0;
    font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 75%;
    color: #142a18;
    background-color: #d3ddd5;
    background-image:url('../images/bg_dots.jpg');
    background-attachment:fixed;
    }
    HunnyBee Design

Plugin Contributions

Thx for the response on the colors, I'll give that a try. My previous post didn't make much sense. Here's what happens when I set the .back to float: center...take a look at the website....it puts the New Products vertical

.back {
    float: center;
    font-size: 1.1em;
    }

Plugin Contributions

I think we are getting our wires crossed LOL, .back is *supposed* to be float:left, not center, and I think in my first reply to you I pointed out that you had it set to center, which was why your address section was centered and not left aligned....
    HunnyBee Design

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast