Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Importing from an external dropship site

It may be that your windows OS is regarding the images as "hidden files"... ?
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Hi schoolboy - it shows the same files that are in the directory which are 4 .dll files and 1 .exe file - If it is in the .dll file then it doesnt open. i tried opeing it with notepad and alot of unidentified characters are showing

thanks

Plugin Contributions

schoolboy
    i have found them - i was in the bin directory but it wouldnt show any of the pics - in windows 7 there is a tab that reads compatibility files - i clicked on it and there they were.

thanks

by the way it took 4 mins to get over 200 images

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by abs007 View Post
    schoolboy
    i have found them - i was in the bin directory but it wouldnt show any of the pics -
    Typical Bill Gates conspiracy...
    20 years a Zencart User

I read this today:

Auto Update Your Products

Updating your products can be a pain, and a very time consuming one. Constantly having to check if your products are in stock, what new products there are, price changes etc. The administration for making sure your shop products are up to date can be a nightmare, especially if you have hundreds or thousands of products. An impossible task to be done accurately and quickly.

The majority of suppliers can provide a data feed containing their products. For zencart shop owners this can be a life saver. However, what you find is that the data feed is not compatible with importing into Zen Cart so manual amendments have to be made to ensure the file can be imported. Whats more, you have to look for new and amended products where you have to manually upload the images.

We will create a zencart module specific to your suppliers data file, to ease the workload of updating your products. Features, may include:

Automatically take your suppliers data file and rearranges it into a format compatible for importing into zencart.
    Automatically import the new data feed into your zencart shop, updating/adding products.
    Automatically copies the product images from the suppliers website to your hosting space.

Once the addon is implemented, cron jobs are used to run these tasks. Saving you time and money!

The company offering this wonderful solution is iwebshop but it sounds commercial and expensive. If you want to discover more then read this blog: http://www.dropshipchat.co.uk/zencar...your-products/

Plugin Contributions

I could not find any details on the iwebshop link above...but Inventory Source has a Zen Cart plug-in which loads and updates the products on the zen cart site automatically with daily syncs. It also has a user interface from the account which controls the feed (category, price, brand, etc) between the supplier and what updates on your site.
    http://www.inventorysource.com/index...-Websites.html

The only issue would be your supplier has to already be integrated into the service, but most major ones are.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123