Plugin Contributions

Default Ran into an error when installing - The session.use_trans_sid setting is ON

I'm installing Zen Cart for the first time and using version 3.1.8a. My URL for the store is theotherscene dot com/shop and durring zen cart setup server inspection, I get this "X":

The session.use_trans_sid setting in your server's PHP.INI file is set to ON.

I look at how to fix the problem:

You can disable that feature via a .htaccess file or directly from PHP code.

For a .htaccess file you should add the following line:

php_flag session.use_trans_sid off

And in PHP code:

ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', false);

However there are several .htaccess files and not sure how to fix this. Thank you for your time.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ran into an error when installing zc

If you're running your store from the /shop/ folder, put your changes in the /shop/.htaccess file ... and if there isn't one, create it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ran into an error when installing - The session.use_trans_sid setting is ON

Just to clarify, I need to add to the /shop folder:

.htaccess/ini_set('session.use_trans_sid', false)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ran into an error when installing - The session.use_trans_sid setting is ON

No, according to the instruction message you would add:
    Code:
    php_flag session.use_trans_sid off

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I added the file:

.htaccess php_flag session.use_trans_sid off

to my /shop folder, but that didn't seem to work. What am I missing please.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Since every server is different, the fastest solution is to ask your hosting company for the correct method for the server they've got you on.
    And while you're at it, ask them why they've got that setting set wrong in the first place!

Plugin Contributions

Ok I'll do that. It's probably for the same reason every single one of their apps is at least a few years out of date... If you know of a better host, I'm all ears.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're looking for hosting recommendations, see the "Certified Hosts" link at the top of this page.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you =)