Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is this possible ? Two or more product listing layouts (one per category)?

Yellow1912 is no longer active in the forum. What you are asking for here is a highly specific and complex set of custom coding, and you will need to hire someone to write it if you can't do it yourself. Look for the Commercial Help Wanted section, with its link to oDesk for posting your request.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is this possible ? Two or more product listing layouts (one per category)?

I'm a bit confused on this thread. I want the same thing, just to use a different product listing template file for a certain category.

What is the code required and what file do I insert it in?

Plugin Contributions

Actually I need it to use a different tpl_columnar_display.php file..

Plugin Contributions

I think you would put your if() test in /includes/templates/your_template/templates/tpl_modules_product_listing.php, which is what calls tpl_columnar_display.php.

Plugin Contributions

This is what Ive got and the modified extra line in the middle, but at the moment it brings up two lots of listings (one below the other) on one page if im in category 544.

How do I make it only display the one listing (tpl_columnar_display2.php)?

<?php
    /**
    * load the list_box_content template to display the products
    */
    if (PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE == 'columns') {
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_columnar_display.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_columnar_display.php');

}

if ($current_category_id !== 544) {
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_columnar_display2.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_columnar_display2.php');

}

else {// (PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE == 'rows')
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_tabular_display.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_tabular_display.php');
    }
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

I expect you have set the listing style to "columns".
    Then when it gets to the first if(), it outputs the listing because that is true, and when it gets to the second if() that is also true so it outputs again. You need to reorganize the tests so you cover each possibility once. The way your posted code is written, you will get the extra listing unless you are on cat 544 ($current_category_id !== 544). Is that what you want?
    PHP Code:
    if (PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE == 'columns') {
    require(
    $template->get_template_dir('tpl_columnar_display.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_columnar_display.php');

}

if (
    $current_category_id !== 544) {
    require(
    $template->get_template_dir('tpl_columnar_display2.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_columnar_display2.php');

}

else {
    // (PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE == 'rows') 
    needs to be something like
    PHP Code:
    if (PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE == 'columns') {
      if (
    $current_category_id == 544) {
        require(
    $template->get_template_dir('tpl_columnar_display2.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_columnar_display2.php');
      } else {
        require(
    $template->get_template_dir('tpl_columnar_display.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_columnar_display.php');
      }
    } else {
    // (PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE == 'rows') 

Plugin Contributions

Ok ive got this working, but working in reverse, ie cat 544 is pulling up tpl_tabular_display.php and all other cats are pulling up tpl_columnar_display2.php

<?php
    /**
    * load the list_box_content template to display the products
    */

if (PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE == 'columns' AND $current_category_id !== 544) {
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_columnar_display2.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_columnar_display2.php');

}

else {// (PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE == 'rows')
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_tabular_display.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_tabular_display.php');
    }
    ?>

Any ideas? What I also want is multiple statements for multiple cats, so they can pull up different columnar display files for each category.

Plugin Contributions

Ah sorry, didnt see your post, ill try it now.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Glen they worked perfectly, how would I do multiple cats for multiple files?

Plugin Contributions

The current code you have posted will call tpl_columnar_display.php if you are set to "columns";
    tpl_columnar_display2.php if you are not in cat 544 no matter the setting;
    or tpl_tabular_display.php if you are in cat 544 no matter the setting.

Nevermind, I didn't see your posts after my previous one.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast