Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrading from 1.3.6. to 1.3.8 on root dir - testing IPN

Hi all,

I am currently midway through the process of upgrading a site from 1.3.6 to 1.3.8. To provide some context, my host upgraded to PHP 5.2.x and I had the session.php error - after the fix provided by Dr Byte I started getting double orders so thought it was time to upgrade.

I have setup a new db, copied the new zen files to a sub dir (zen_test) after merging all my changes and custom template folders. All seems to be well so far and I have just removed and reinstalled the IPN module ready to test - now here come my queries:

1. My Paypal.com side settings still have the non "/zen_test/" URL's for the location of the IPN handler and the checkout_process return URLs. So presumably if I test now I'll be using the old code base and my results will be void. Is the general path here to change them at Paypal.com while the current site is down for maintenance to make sure they work before changing them back to continue testing?

2. I am using search engine friendly URLs, but a lot of files with "SEFU" in the title were in my current install but not the new one - I cannot see any "SEFU" modules installed on the current codebase so am I missing something? I copied them across to the new codebase anyway. I also added a chunk of missing "SEFU" code to one file and change the function name in another file to include "SEFU" like in the current codebase incase this was a 3rd party add on. The search engine friendly URLs are working with the .htaccess file installed for what it is worth.

UPDATE - So I found it in the admin interface and I must have installed it - presumably the actions I took above are enough to make it work and I see no known issues with using it in 1.3.8.

3. Paypal PDT token - read a bit about this - but is there any cons to using it over standard IPN? Is there a change in the user experience?

Thanks,

DMUK
    Last edited by DMUK; 13 Feb 2009 at 01:50 PM.