Plugin Contributions

Default in-house credit card processing

Hello, is there a way to take payments with Zen Cart and just process them locally? We have an in-house credit card authorization process and would like to use it with Zen Cart?

Also is there anything in Zen Cart that could deal with returns/ refunds? Thank you for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: in-house credit card processing

There's an Offline Credit Card module built in to Zencart (the current version, anyway) you can activate from the Payments page in Admin, but I, for one, recommend that you don't do it that way.

Plugin Contributions

We have version 1.3.8a installed.

Doesn't this module store CC #'s as clear text in the database? What way would you recommend?

Plugin Contributions

No, as I understand it, that module stores part of the CC number in the database, and emails you the rest.

As a customer, I don't want you to have all of my credit card number in any format. I'd recommend adding online purchasing to your current merchant account or switching your Internet business to an additional merchant account.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

A search of the FAQ system for "offline credit card" brings up this article which explains how that module works and how to use it: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=67

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the link.

Basically what we're trying to accomplish is take the order and authorize it in-house through one of our servers automatically. I'm just trying to figure out what component of the cart we'd have to customize to do this?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you'll need to write your own payment module to connect from your webserver back across the internet to your in-house server, let it do the authorization, and return a response back to your webserver ... while the customer waits.

Or write some other custom application to assimilate the collected information and pass it through your authorization server yourself after the order is placed.

Either way it seems like you'll have some pretty heavy-duty security and encryption requirements to make it work that way.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.