Plugin Contributions

Default Offer discount for customers who re-purchase the same item?

I'm think of a good way to offer x% of discount per item that is re-purchased (so, any item in the basket that is bought the second time will get x% discount for its price)

I wonder what is the best way to do this? Can we alter the product price on the fly?
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Offer discount for customers who re-purchase the same item?

Anyone with experience doing this thing? No one?

Regards
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Are you hoping to do this as an Automatic Discount?

Or do you want them to have a Discount Coupon?

What happens if I order 10 things over the month and then come back and re-order 1 thing? re-order 2 things? re-order 3 things?

Same discount? Different discount per product?

What if I ordered last month 1 Product A and I come back this month and order 3 Product A ... do I get the discount on all 3 of Product A?

What if I ordered two months ago 1 Product A and then last month 1 Product A and I come back this month and order 7 Product A ... do I get the discount on all 7 of Product A?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh

Thank you very much for looking into this. The logic I will use is pretty simple: you get 25% off the product(s) you purchased in the past.
    I think I can handle the logic behind the discount, I just wonder how I should(or if I can) alter the product price and/or the order total?

Plugin Contributions

I'd build a session array on login that has the products_id for all previously purchased Product ...

That can be used to flag products to either say you will get an additional 25% off and flag the products in the cart ...

It is up to you if you want to show the 25% on the cart either per product or as a lump total ...

Then build an Orders Total module to give the extra 25% off ... look at the existing Order Total modules to see which work best for you ... I am thinking adapting one from ot_group_pricing.php would be easiest ...

The function for displaying the price can be adapted that is in functions_price for a global display of the discounted price or adding a flag on the display price ...

I am not sure how elaborate you want to make this ...

Example: ot_group_pricing.php shows the discount during the checkout but not in the Catalog itself ...

Depends on if you have your coding hat on or not ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!